Electric pressure washer

What are your thoughts on these? I am thinking about getting one to clean windows and back patio walls mostly. I have access to a gas one if I need something more powerful. What size would you guys recommend? Thanks.

I have a cheap electric power washer from Harbor Freight. I bought a much better gas powered one from Home Depot, but ran into a problem. We have a well and the well pump could not provide sufficient water pressure to run the gas powered one. I even have to be cautious with the electric one to be sure I have enough water pressure built up before I use it. So, if you have a well, consider this possibility before buying.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

3. Loser
    I'd want to be in the 2500 psi range for hard surfaces, but not windows. Also a few different tips of various degrees.
    I've got a 1600 psi electric from Harbor Freight and it's good for general stuff but not large hard surfaces.
    "There is nothing more free, than one who has nothing to lose"

4. Member
    I’ll never buy another gas model. I’ll rent one if I need anything above a 2800#. I bought an electric Ryobi and Greenworks and their perfect for concrete walks, siding etc.

5. Banned
    Last edited by LewStulePH.D.; 07-24-2021 at 05:51 AM.

6. Member
    The Greenworks 2000 is on sale at Lowes for $179 until 6/23.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

7. Member
    I saw a 2000psi green works with a 11” floor disc for $169. That sounds like a decent option.

I have a SunJoe electric and it's excellent. Very good quality, powerful etc.

I'd wonder if Jeff's problem is a supply hose that's too small to supply adequate flow to the pump? I have a 5/8" hose in the front and a 3/4" hose in the backyard, and like the bigger hose. DO NOT hook any pressure washer up to a 1/2" hose or one of those expanding slinky hose things. I could see one of those costing you a pump. A LOT of pumps are throwaways. Rebuildable pumps are better but more expensive.

*ALWAYS turn on the water and run water through the spray nozzle for a couple of minutes before you start the motor or engine. The pump will last longer. If you loan out your pressure washer, give instructions on this....or better yet, supervise. If you borrow one, be sure to do this, so you don't have to buy your relative or friend a new pump!
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

I have a cheap electric from Harbor Freight and it does all that I want it to from cleaning the patio to cleaning the siding on my shop.

11. Member
    I used a Ryobi..2k..at my kids house. Did about 5-600 sq ft, of deck, was a mix of wood and concrete. It never missed a beat.
    I was impressed. I think it would do everything, around the house, that you would need it too.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    I have a cheap electric power washer from Harbor Freight. I bought a much better gas powered one from Home Depot, but ran into a problem. We have a well and the well pump could not provide sufficient water pressure to run the gas powered one. I even have to be cautious with the electric one to be sure I have enough water pressure built up before I use it. So, if you have a well, consider this possibility before buying.
    Jeff, have you checked the air pressure in your tank? You shouldn't have any problems. The pump dosent suck the water out of the hose, it just pressurizes the water that it has had supplied to the pump. Sorry I don't remember how to add the proper amount of air in the tank, you will have to talk with a well installer.

Quote Originally Posted by brushsjigs View Post
    Jeff, have you checked the air pressure in your tank? You shouldn't have any problems. The pump dosent suck the water out of the hose, it just pressurizes the water that it has had supplied to the pump. Sorry I don't remember how to add the proper amount of air in the tank, you will have to talk with a well installer.
    I haven’t had it checked but will the next time I have a tech here for service.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

14. Member
    Same issue here before I had my pressure tank replaced. Have a green works cheapy for normal washing. Works great now that I have new tank. Not the best for heavy soiled applications but washing pollen etc off boats and vehicles it works just fine.

15. Member
    https://www.amazon.com/Sun-Joe-SPX30...lt_14_55f8b1fa

Found this on Amazon Prime Days. What do you guys think? Sun Joe SPX3001 for $125.

16. Member
    I have a 2000 psi I bought from Lowe’s years ago-a Task Force brand. It works great for patios, siding and sidewalks. When I do bigger areas like the driveway, I rent a gas with more pressure. The electric has the perfect pressure for the siding and soffits-a gas pressure washer would be too strong and probably punch holes.

Quote Originally Posted by janky View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Sun-Joe-SPX30...lt_14_55f8b1fa

Found this on Amazon Prime Days. What do you guys think? Sun Joe SPX3001 for $125.

Thank you, I bought it!