changing fish finder

I have a 2015 bass tracker pro 160 with the Lowrance fish finder. I would like to swith it out with a Lowrance Hook Reveal 7X Splitshot. Anyone swith out their fish finder and if so how hard was it to run the electrical, ect. Also if the new fish finder isn't what I should use I'm open to suggestions. Thanks for the help!!!!

2. Member
    Last edited by Mutt; 12-20-2021 at 12:01 AM.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutt View Post
    Do yourself a favor dont walk but run from the hook series nothing but over priced junk. Buy a élite ti2 or hds or garmin or HB hooks are junk low end and the x series of hooks are the lowest of the low of hooks.
    What he said.
    Look at a Garmin striker or a HB piranha if you wanna stay in that price range.

Regarding install.
    Leave the old fish finder hooked up till you get a new one.
    When you pull the power/duscer cables out, you can use them to pull the new ones throigh at the same time

4. Member
    I’d also pull a piece of paracord and leave it in the boat with a few extra feet on both ends. It makes life a lot easier if you later decide to pull any other wiring.

5. Member
    If you go hummingbird make sure your wire size is adequate. Helix 7 or bigger need a dedicated 10 gauge run to the battery. It is crucial. My 2ct on what to get is what the budget allows .I’ve owned lowrance and all I can say is. When it gets out of warranty time to buy a new one If it breaks lowrance won’t even replace a cracked screen. I can’t speak for garmin personally I’ve never owned one. Hummingbird I do know and there is service after the sale. Before you go and buy a unit think long and hard about what you need to find and catch fish . We all need at least 2d sonar but gps , di and side imaging is great for finding bait and structure. Hb 360 is good for staying on structure and bait as well as fish. Do you need all that? Probably not, however I have all three and I can say it has greatly improved my catch. I don’t get all the time on the water I would like so time is valuable to me. With these things all the major brands have their own quirks and advantages. I would look at a helix 7 it’s a good size for a console and you can go from a 2d/gps model to a 2d/gps/mega si model. You pay to play its all about value.

6. Member
    If you go hummingbird make sure your wire size is adequate. Helix 7 or bigger need a dedicated 10 gauge run to the battery. It is crucial. My 2ct on what to get is what the budget allows .I’ve owned lowrance and all I can say is. When it gets out of warranty time to buy a new one If it breaks lowrance won’t even replace a cracked screen. I can’t speak for garmin personally I’ve never owned one. Hummingbird I do know and there is service after the sale. Before you go and buy a unit think long and hard about what you need to find and catch fish . We all need at least 2d sonar but gps , di and side imaging is great for finding bait and structure. Hb 360 is good for staying on structure and bait as well as fish. Do you need all that? Probably not, however I have all three and I can say it has greatly improved my catch. I don’t get all the time on the water I would like so time is valuable to me. With these things all the major brands have their own quirks and advantages. I would look at a helix 7 it’s a good size for a console and you can go from a 2d/gps model to a 2d/gps/mega si model. You pay to play its all about value.