mikesxpress

MLF hammering Aquia

From retread fishing at Hope Springs marina to pitching docks with boats on the lift. Get your social media pre-fishing here with landmarks.

https://majorleaguefishing.com/event...potomac-river/

2. mikesxpress
    You can watch the Hibdon kid catching retreads live on the camera at the Hope Springs marina camera.

https://hopespringsmarina.com

I watched a little of the coverage. I saw quite a few people catch fish in the shade of a boat in other marinas. I guess when you're fishing for $100k, anywhere a bass is hiding becomes a target to throw at. I'm still amazed at how many bass live in that river. With all of the tournaments that hit the same areas every week, you can still go in those areas and catch them the next day. The commentators were also saying there are not many 5-7lb bass in the river anymore. They didn't just disappear. They are like a mature buck. They know where to live and are just hard to find. I'd love to have time to spend out there to find them.
    2010 BassCat Puma FTD
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

4. mikesxpress
    There are a few larger fish around. Us retired guys fishing M-Thur get a little more unmolested time to fish for them I haven't been on the river Fri-Sun since April 2014.

5. mikesxpress
    I mostly leave those brim alone after June and I head way down river into the saltwater for reds, specs, flounder, and topwater rock fish.

Topwater rockfish. That would be a blast. Good eating size you caught there.
    2010 BassCat Puma FTD
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

7. mikesxpress
    It's 11 miles across down there. Bass guys are fishing less than 10% of the river.

Cool video.
    2010 BassCat Puma FTD
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

9. Member
    Nice Mike

10. Member
    Kingcopsico Point is one spot the whole Northern Neck knows. Fished it for 20 years.

11. mikesxpress
    I used to fish there years ago but there are allot more locals than fish most days.