Rt 5 park ramp. What a cluster.

First trip there. Just to watch weigh in. 2 bass tournaments plus pleasure boats. What a mess. I have to admit, the fisherman looked pretty sad. The way they parked after loading was a disaster. Dont know panned that. Sure was taking a long time to load boats.

nice day. Going to Dutch Gap for dinner and ramp entertainment. Hope it’s a sight.

2. Member
    It didn’t help that it was an extremely low tide around 3 and people were backing their trailers off the end of the ramp as well. It would be nice if they would open up the rest of the field so the boaters can park and maneuver.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

3. Member
    Yeah, they really had you guys hemmed up with that field closed. Saw a 7.92 lb weighed. Pretty.

I’ve been wondering why the field is still closed. Plus I need pee when I get there and need that bathhouse open.
    2010 BassCat Cougar
    2010 Mercury 250 ProXS
    Minn Kota 36V/112
    Lowrance HDS 12's
    Hydrowave

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassKat1 View Post
    I’ve been wondering why the field is still closed. Plus I need pee when I get there and need that bathhouse open.
    Rumors are there's a dispute between contractors and county.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

6. Member
    We drove across the bridge Friday evening and it appears they added to rocks and a beach along the shoreline just upstream of the bridge. Looking at the master plan for the park they are talking about moving the fishing pier upstream of the proposed beach. The water intake for the proposed plant will be in Gordon's creek beyond the current boat ramp. Proposing just under 17 million gallons daily draw of water they say it won't have an impact.

for some reason the bass boat guys cant park straight, they like to almost have there trailer jackknifed

8. Member
    Id say in General the bass boat guys do the best job parking of boat owners because we have a lot more experience doing it. The problem at the Rt. 5 ramp is that with them having blocked like half of the parking field off for construction that does not seem to be going anywhere everybody is know stuck trying to squeeze in on the remaining half which has a lot of big oaks which is nice for the shade but also has a ton of big roots sticking up and big gullies washed out. Basically you park to align your truck and trailer to avoid those and that leaves some interesting parking positions. That day we were allowed to park on the opposite side of the road in the grass too but that is similar so same problems. Bottom line they need to finish up this work and get the parking back to normal.

Plus like last weekend the ramp was closed for a festival and that made it worse. Once I pulled in off of 5 saw the sign and I was like crap. I was allow to go and turn around and get out of the way. Agree, finish the work and open it up the way it should be.
    2010 BassCat Cougar
    2010 Mercury 250 ProXS
    Minn Kota 36V/112
    Lowrance HDS 12's
    Hydrowave

Watched a guy at the state park this morning take almost an hour to get his boat in the water and all his gear in it. Backed in and left boat strapped to the trailer. Filled it with water. Then instead of pulling it back out, a teenage boy bailed water for 20 minutes, blocking the ramp. Guy made 20 trips back and forth to his truck and finally got it all loaded. Almost wish I could have stayed for the show when he left. Bad timing on my part for leaving.

"I'm just looking for a bite"