Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cg2fish View Post
    If you are in 3 foot waves in a bass boat it is 90 percent driver. You have to know your boat and how it performs. I have owned multiple boat brands and can’t say anyone was better than the other.
    I disagree. Fishing the same water and same waves my Legend far out preforms the Ranger I had. Both 19 ft boats
    Vexus

2. Member
    You are very talented to be driving 2 boats at the same time.

3. Member
    an that is why they are still building legends oh i forgot they dont anymore it seems that a lot of folks think that used to build boats have a better ride an the quality was better on them .

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChooChooSnakeMan View Post
    I can't say cause I haven't been in either of the boats you asked about and I won't muddy the water by suggesting a boat that isn't on your list. I will say that there are factors at play besides just the hull make and model. Prop choice (4 blades usually run better in rough water than 3 blade) and just driver skill have a big influence. Today the seat technology also makes a big difference. You may be able to order the hull you like and get an upgraded suspension seat option that will make a big difference. From your two choices I think both would make fine boats that anyone would be blessed to have.
    The above is definitely spot on, yet, I have see the older VXD522 in action on the St Lawrence River along side and head of my '02 Cobra 201DC crushing 4' whitecaps even after coming off big lakership rollers.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    Let’s see if you don’t have a deep v it’s not going to ride good no matter what and there’s only a few boats that fit that category in bass boats .1 foot chop is nothing 2 -3 foot rollers and the washing machine on big lakes is where it set another boys from the men
    Cool. Do you mind answering the question now?
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

6. Member
    What a question! Wish there were actual bars in Flippin where some of these great debates could be "discussed".

Still, listen to BassCat guys. Jaguar #1...bet they would give Vexus the second place vote!

7. Member
    Vexus no doubt

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by browncodybrown View Post
    Vexus no doubt
    "best", and aluminum, with the lack of deadrise that Vexus has.............highly doubt it. I'll bet my Polarkraft will handle rough water better than the Vexus 19-19.5 ft'er. It has alot to do with bow hull deadrise.
    below is pic of a PK 195. It has about the same deadrise/hull as the Tracker 195's Revolution hull.
    pk.jpg

9. Member
    New Jag

10. Member
    I have been in and run a Ranger 522 its the best ride i have ever seen. Never been in the Vexus 21. I just about bought one last year but price was a problem and dealers didn’t have any in stock for a test ride. I am on my second Ranger had a 2005, Z21 and now a Z521L great riding boats.
    I’d say most of these new boat brands do a good job. But biggest and widest is where I would start looking. You will sacrifice on speed but comfort is more important to me now along with life time warranty.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarKraft195 View Post
    "best", and aluminum, with the lack of deadrise that Vexus has.............highly doubt it. I'll bet my Polarkraft will handle rough water better than the Vexus 19-19.5 ft'er. It has alot to do with bow hull deadrise.
    below is pic of a PK 195. It has about the same deadrise/hull as the Tracker 195's Revolution hull.
    pk.jpg
    Vexus makes fiberglass rigs too...

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarKraft195 View Post
    pk.jpg
    Easy killer. They're talking about the vexus glass boats

Quote Originally Posted by MMosher View Post
    I wouldn't pick either of those two if I was looking for a rough water rig.
    +100

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12