Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    You nailed that straight up
    I heard on another forum that Lake Ontario rose 5cm with all of this recent rain, so the IJC increased the outflow rate at Moses Saunders.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre Fan View Post
    I heard on another forum that Lake Ontario rose 5cm with all of this recent rain, so the IJC increased the outflow rate at Moses Saunders.
    That would still be 1.5' lower than norm, so don't make any sense increasing the flow. However, increasing the flow = more power output = more money for the hydro company = more kick backs to the IJC pockets.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    That would still be 1.5' lower than norm, so don't make any sense increasing the flow. However, increasing the flow = more power output = more money for the hydro company = more kick backs to the IJC pockets.
    Exactly... more power/money/control.

4. Member
    After all the rain.. had to have come up some ….

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

5. Member
    Was just camping at Lake Harris in Newcomb. The water rose 3’ in 48hrs. I talked with a local who said the water is actually 10’ high right now cause of all the rain. A buddy of mine sent me a photo of one of the high peaks trails that had ankle deep water running down a stretch that’s a dry area. I imagine we will see the lakes and rivers rise up a bit even if it’s a few inches
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

6. Member
    I was over at my friend/architect house today to drop off some site plans, and he live on Cranberry Pond near Hilton, NY. Pond went up about a foot, but still he can't put in his boat hoist, and boat sits next to house with winter cover still.
    It's going to take alot of water to get that Big pond called Lk Ontario to pick up another 2ft. Braddocks Bay outlet into Lk Ontario had to be dredged again so boats can drag their bottoms out to the lake.
    I hope that next yr is a better yr, especially by than I will have my new right knee and possibly a new hip to match the other side.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12