Raptors on a bullet

Anyone done it? What hardware did you end up using to make them fit? 12" hydrodynamics plate and pro xs 250 oil burner.
    2010 BULLET 21RDC
    2010 MERCURY 250 PROXS

Consider reaching out to Rich @ Hydrillagear, board sponsor and Bullet owner.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Wormy View Post
    Consider reaching out to Rich @ Hydrillagear, board sponsor and Bullet owner.
    Already talked with him, he told me his adapters would not work with raptors. He did say someone had modified his adapters with some style of spacer and made it work.

4. Member
    So the 4 inch brackets sold for the raptors will not work? I ordered raptors and 4 inch bracket so that’s never good. That’s for a 21 sdc

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brett87tex View Post
    So the 4 inch brackets sold for the raptors will not work? I ordered raptors and 4 inch bracket so that’s never good. That’s for a 21 sdc
    They prob are not going to work. Rich’s brackets were designed for the XRD boats and fit those fine. The rear tips/transom area on the XRS and SDC boats are different and require an angled spacer with his brackets for them to clear. Here are some pics on mine, they allow 1/4 inch clearance between the rubrail and the powerpole. I have not seen any of the raptors yet so if they are wider than the power poles then the spacers still may not let them clear the tips.

DE80B326-59EB-4260-91ED-D9BFAA6DFE62.jpeg 4A61BE79-D8F5-4BC1-ABC4-30C71F267ABE.jpeg F7F92E45-FC87-4A9E-8217-DD4387BCEF71.jpeg

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy111 View Post
    They prob are not going to work. Rich’s brackets were designed for the XRD boats and fit those fine. The rear tips/transom area on the XRS and SDC boats are different and require an angled spacer with his brackets for them to clear. Here are some pics on mine, they allow 1/4 inch clearance between the rubrail and the powerpole. I have not seen any of the raptors yet so if they are wider than the power poles then the spacers still may not let them clear the tips.

DE80B326-59EB-4260-91ED-D9BFAA6DFE62.jpeg 4A61BE79-D8F5-4BC1-ABC4-30C71F267ABE.jpeg F7F92E45-FC87-4A9E-8217-DD4387BCEF71.jpeg

dang! Thanks for the info.

7. Member
    I don't know about the spacers but he told me the angle bracket would hit the corner with a raptor on an x hull.

8. Member

Are those wedges between your bracket and pole? If so, where did you get them and do they have various degrees?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kybluebullet View Post
    Are those wedges between your bracket and pole? If so, where did you get them and do they have various degrees?
    Yes they are, I helped Rich with the size needed for power poles on the XRS and SDC boats. He has them made and they are now in the kits with his brackets. They are a set measurement and are 1/8 on the thin side and 3/8 on the outer end. I’m sure he will sell them separate also.

https://hydrillagear.com/collections/adapter-plates/products/custom-bracket-for-bullet-boats

10. Member
    Yes they are, I helped Rich with the size needed for power poles on the XRS and SDC boats. He has them made and they are now in the kits with his brackets. They are a set measurement and are 1/8 on the thin side and 3/8 on the outer end. I’m sure he will sell them separate also.

https://hydrillagear.com/collections/adapter-plates/products/custom-bracket-for-bullet-boats
    Thanks, that's probably what I'm going to have to look into. Just purchase the adapters and see what kind of wedges I need from there.

11. Member
    So my issue wasn’t with hitting the boat itself, it was the jackplate that was an issue with my power pole brackets. Had a buddy take off his spare blades to install on my jackplate and the bracket hits the hydrodynamic jackplate. Other than that, they actually fit. I can’t speak for the raptors.
    0BE2C6EC-269F-449E-8E05-E9393A941461.jpegD900BE46-BF45-4B35-98F3-2AEBC52A7B1E.jpeg

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brett87tex View Post
    So my issue wasn’t with hitting the boat itself, it was the jackplate that was an issue with my power pole brackets. Had a buddy take off his spare blades to install on my jackplate and the bracket hits the hydrodynamic jackplate. Other than that, they actually fit. I can’t speak for the raptors.
    0BE2C6EC-269F-449E-8E05-E9393A941461.jpegD900BE46-BF45-4B35-98F3-2AEBC52A7B1E.jpeg

To use those brackets you have to get the 1/2” spacers made by Steve for his jp to clear the adjuster. Rich’s brackets for the power poles are designed to use the front carriage bolts of the hydrodynamics jp, that’s why they fit so close and tight to the boat.

spacer link - https://www.hydrodynamics-usa.com/ac...s.html#spacers

13. Member
    To use those brackets you have to get the 1/2” spacers made by Steve for his jp to clear the adjuster. Rich’s brackets for the power poles are designed to use the front carriage bolts of the hydrodynamics jp, that’s why they fit so close and tight to the boat.

spacer link - https://www.hydrodynamics-usa.com/ac...s.html#spacers
    thank you!

14. Member
    First off, thanks to everyone for your help. Just in case anyone needs to know Rich's bullet adaptor plates with the wedges works perfectly for raptors on an 21rdc with a 12" hydrodynamics plate. I had to use the wedges to move the raptors away from the corner of the boat and everything went together perfectly. Big thanks to Rich also for the info and putting me on the right path to get started.

15. Member
    Good deal, glad you got the on with no issues. Great news for Rich to know his parts will work with the raptors too.

16. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    That's good to know. I guess I need to order some adaptor plates.