Battery question

Ok new to me ultrex 112 have had maxums for ever I realize everyone is using agms or lithium’s I can’t afford those I’ve always got by using 27 grp Costco batteries I just want to know if I put three new ones of these in for my ultrex what can I expect I never had a problem with my 24 v system now I realize the ultrex will use more juice with motor assisted steering and spot lock but can I still get by for an 8 hour tourney day with these batteries until I’m in a better financial position I realize weather and wave size will factor in I just don’t know what to expect in the way of how much more juice it will use , I don’t care if I have to charge them each night after use I always have anyway any input would be appreciated thanks in advance pat

2. Member
    If you keep the same size batteries they will last longer with a 36 volt system than they did with a 24v.

3. Member
    I feel my Ultrex is super easy on batteries compared to my old Motor Guide because of better technology. It rarely takes more than 2 hours to come back to full charge. I use 27's!

4. Member

5. Member
    Three 27’s should get you through even a long day. Going to a 36v motor will decrease amp draw from each battery by 1/3 so the batteries will last longer than in a 24v motor.

6. Member
    Thanks for all the replies I realize the new batteries are the greatest thing just not in my budget appreciate the info thanks again everyone

7. Member
    As mentioned above, your 36 volt will draw less than your 24. You may want to look at the Walmart 27DC’s. Here in Canada, Deka/East Penn is the supplier for them, and very reasonably priced. They have a larger RC than the Costco batteries that you have which are supplied by Clarios. In any case, pay attention to the date stamp on any new batteries.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

8. Banned
    Hope I’m not jinx’in myself but I’ve and good luck with Duracell agm from Sams I catch them on sale for 79.00-99.00 depending on which size....... I have 9 of them in use now that’s why I don’t want to jinx myself lol

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverrocket1 View Post
    Hope I’m not jinx’in myself but I’ve and good luck with Duracell agm from Sams I catch them on sale for 79.00-99.00 depending on which size....... I have 9 of them in use now that’s why I don’t want to jinx myself lol
    OP is in Canada. Unfortnately we do not have Sam's here, or, nearly the great deals on batteries that you have in the US. BTW, the best sale price in the US that I have been aware of as recommended by members here for the Sam's 27 AGM would be 158 (normal price) less 20 dollars. 79-99 would likely be flooded batteries. Best price that I have seen for the same 27 AGM here in Canada is about 300 CAD before taxes.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S