Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    ... neither Interstate nor Everstart are battery manufacturers. They have their batteries contract-manufactured by Clarios, East Penn, Exide.

John Walker - Matthews NC

2021 Ranger RT198P - Mercury 150 4S - Enertia Eco
    VesselView Link - MotorGuide Tour Pro - Lowrance Carbons

2. Member
    The Everstarts deep cycle up until a couple of years ago were absolutely identical to the Interstate SRM deep cycle batteries. Manufactured by JCI (now Clarios), and, as mentioned, simply relabelled for the retailer. That has changed recently in the US. Some Walmarts now use Deka/East Penn as their supplier. Not sure if there is a regional pattern or way to determine other than going to your local Walmart and having a look. In order to do so, one has to be able to differentiate between the two manufacturers which is not difficult if you look at the battery cases and terminals. Specs are a little different too.

I always get a chuckle when somebody claims that the Interstates were garbage compared to the Everstarts, or, vice versa, seeing as they were identical.

Here in Canada, East Penn/Deka is the supplier for Walmart
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

3. Member
    Catdude28, you are spot on.

I understand that based on their personal experience with batts they buy at WalMart or Interstate dying or lasting forever owners think that one retailers batts are trash and the others are made of gold. A batt made by manufacturer X and sold at WalMart with their store branding is just as likely to die or last forever as the same batt sold at Interstate with their store branding.

All the marine batts I have bought through the years at WalMart with the Everstart label in the Charlotte NC area, and their have been many, have been made by the old Johnson Controls now Clarios. And they have all been good batts I have nothing against WalMart nor Interstate. There very well may be spots around the US where their marine batts are supplied by East Penn.

4. Member
    I bought the Walmart EverStart Deep Cycle batteries when I first got a boat. I put the batteries on a charger (10 amp) as soon as I would get back from fishing and kept them on trickle charge all the time. I had them for 5 years of hard fishing before I sold the boat. The new owner may still be using them......

If you keep them charged and well maintained (i.e. distilled water, corrosion care.......etc.) they should last you a long time. There may be better, but they met my needs and, really, exceeded my expectations. I figured 3 years would have been great.....
    Last edited by Tsyarnall; 06-22-2021 at 11:15 PM.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsyarnall View Post
    I bought the Walmart EverStart Deep Cycle batteries when I first got a boat. I put the batteries on a charger (10 amp) as soon as I would get back from fishing and kept them on trickle charge all the time. I had them for 5 years of hard fishing before I sold the boat. The new owner may still be using them......

If you keep them charged and well maintained (i.e. distilled water, corrosion care.......etc.) they should last you a long time. There may be better, but they met my needs and, really, exceeded my expectations. I figured 3 years would have been great.....
    ^^^^^^^

6. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by white gambler View Post
    Your title says "best" non-lithium so with that said....it's the batteries plus X2 power and the north star Agm (same guts, North Star makes the x2 for batteries plus. )
    +1

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by white gambler View Post
    Your title says "best" non-lithium so with that said....it's the batteries plus X2 power and the north star Agm (same guts, North Star makes the x2 for batteries plus. )
    The Odyssey is also as good. Enersys is the company that manufactures them, and just over a year ago they also bought Northstar.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

Here you go. Best battery thread on the internet. (for bass boats)

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=20671

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12