BBC SPONSOR

New Rainshadow Eternity RX10 Blanks Are Here!

The new Eternity RX10 cast and spin blanks are in stock and shipping to dealers daily. As promised to members on this forum, we've prepared full specs for these blanks including CCS values for intrinsic power and action angle. Below is a drop box link to a sheet with all the specs and pricing. Below I've listed the dealers that have already placed orders and have these blanks on hand or in transit now. Additional dealers should have them soon.
    Today's Blank Talk episode will be available later this evening on our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/batsonenterprises The entire episode is dedicated to the new RX10 series and has some great great info on builds and fishing applications. We hope you enjoy fishing these as much as we do.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/p2hjw...ldj530n6ibpi9q

https://getbitoutdoors.com/

https://www.hffcustomrods.com/
    The Best Fishing Rods Start Here: www.BatsonEnterprises.com - www.youtube.com/batsonenterprises - Instagram: @teamrainshadow - Facebook: Batson Enterprises

2. Member
    Fantastic!

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

3. Member
    Awesome !!! I absolutely love the CCS numbers being provided for these blanks. Makes a world of difference in knowing the blank you choose is going to have the power you want it to have.

I can see an ETEC72M in my future. 4" Trim off the butt to bring it to 6'10" and build it as a spinning rod for dragging tube jigs for smallmouth bass.

Thank you so much for posting this thread. I have been looking on the Rainshadow website to see if they have become available yet. I see that Utmost has them listed so an e mail to Carol will be on the way in a day or two.

Happy camper here that's for sure !!!

4. Member
    That’s awesome. That 74 heavy has really piqued my interest.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcazmo View Post
    That’s awesome. That 74 heavy has really piqued my interest.
    Was looking at that one myself.

6. Member
    Received my blank today. I got it, and some other assorted goodies, from Utmost Enterprises. Carol and the folks at Utmost are top notch !!! And I have to also say outstanding job to the USPS. From Washington state to my door in northeast Ohio, in three days. That is outstanding in my book.

Anyhow .... as mentioned above, I went with the ETEC72M. I've hit chipmunks at 30 yards with arrows less straight than the blank. The finish of the blank is impeccable, with no blemishes anywhere on the blank. Sensitivity for the blank is at the very least right there with an NFC HM blank. I compared the bare Eternity blank to a rod I have built on an NFC MB736 HM X ray, and the Eternity blank feels every bit as sensitive, if not slightly more so. I would attribute any difference in sensitivity to one being a bare blank, and the other being a completely built rod. Either way you look at it, these Eternity blanks are the real deal when it comes to sensitivity.

As far as power of the blank, if you're familiar with the Rainshadow Immortal IMMC73ML blank, the ETEC72M is almost identical in power, but with a little bit lighter tip and faster action. I'm up in the air as to whether or not I am going to trim the blank down though. I played around with gripping and flexing as if the reel seat were where it would be with the rod at 6'10", and it's just at that point where I wouldn't be sure if I like it. I'm going to play around with it a bit more, but I may just build it as is and fish it before I see if I want to shorten it a bit.

Anyhow .... these new RX10 Eternity blanks are fantastic. Batson and Rainshadow hit it out of the park with this one. But then again every Rainshadow blank I have ever built on has been a great to awesome blank.

Love me some Rainshadow blanks !!!!

7. Member
    I just placed an order for the 72MH and 74H.

I think the 72MH of the previous gen was a special blank, hopefully this is the same. The heavy has me intrigued too. A high modulus "heavy cover punching" blank usually seems like a recipe for disaster, but I have total faith in it. I like that the action angle seems a little slower too as I prefer more moderate actions for flipping. I'll be using the 74 to flip to wood as we don't have too much crazy grass out here in az.

8. Member
    I have a rod built on the Immortal 72MH and I thinks it's a special blank as well. I've loved every Rainshadow blank I've built on except for one. And if it had the power I was expecting to have, I would have loved it too. They're awesome blanks.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassbme View Post
    I have a rod built on the Immortal 72MH and I thinks it's a special blank as well. I've loved every Rainshadow blank I've built on except for one. And if it had the power I was expecting to have, I would have loved it too. They're awesome blanks.
    I've only built on one immortal, but it's a good rod. I just really like the eternity series. I also have been using point blank recently and like those as well.

I'm SUPER excited to try these new ones though. In the video I know batson didn't want to say the type of material, but can they give us any hints? Is it a relative of the much vaunted t1100g?

10. Member
    Maiden voyage with the new rod was a success. No non target species, meaning only smallmouth bass were caught. 8 keepers, 1 dink, and a couple lost fish. Best 5 (a tournament limit) would have went between 9 and 10 lbs. Nothing big, but nice solid fish. I was only on the water for 5 hours. It was starting to get crazy with pleasure boaters, and when you're fishing 300 yards off shore, you're out in their territory, and they like to buzz bass boats. The Wake boats are the worst. Very cool that you can surf on the wake the boat makes, but not so cool when the wake hits you and you're not paying attention.

Anyhow, as to how the new rod fished ....... crazy crazy good. I fished it side by side with one of the rods I have built on an NFC MB 736 X ray blank, and the Eternity blank is right there with the X rays. I love the rods I have built on the X rays so to say that this rod might be more sensitive than the X ray blanks isn't showing favoritism for a new rod, it's what I believe is an unbiased opinion. I was throwing the exact same jig head and tube combination with both rods. The only difference other than one being a spinning rod, and one a casting rod, is the line I had on them. I had 12# Seaguar Tatsu on the casting rod, and 8# Seaguar Tatsu on the spinning rod. Maybe the lighter line was responsible for some odd vibrations I was feeling with the new rod. Whatever the case, in no way does the Eternity blank take a back seat to the X ray when it comes to sensitivity.

There wasn't much wind so I was using 3/16 oz jig heads with 3 1/2" tube baits on them. The new rod casts great. 50' casts were nothing and little 20 - 25' underhand pitches were just as effortless. They were chomping it today so there was never a doubt as to if you had a bite or not. I was fishing rock piles in 9 - 11' of water, and the sensitivity of the rod had the rocks feeling very bitey. I set the hook into more than a couple of rocks. lol As far as the power and action of the blank goes, it's exactly what I was hoping for. The tip loads beautifully and transitions to an awesome backbone. Hook sets have that solid feeling thud to them. Today I was using open hooked baits but with the power and backbone of this blank, I am certain that hook sets with smaller Texas rigged soft plastics will feel just as good.

Biggest fish was about 2 1/4 lbs. and the rod handled it beautifully. A nice bend into the midsection of the blank so when the fish came 2' out of the water, it stayed pinned. Power to control the fish at boat side is there as well. I was easily able to pull the fish over on its' side and get its' head back down in the water when they would start tail walking. Smallmouth bass are so much fun to catch, and if it weren't for the thrill of hooking a big largemouth in heavy cover, I'd probably say smallmouth are my favorite fish to catch. Man they're fun.

So there it is, my report on my new rod. This thing is one bad mammy jammy. The boys at Batson and Rainshadow hit it out of the park with the ETEC72M. If the other new RX10 Eternity blanks are anything like this one.......... wow. And I absolutely LOVE the fact that Batson provided the CCS numbers for the blanks. It made picking the perfect blank (for me) a very comforting choice.

I gotta get me some Team Rainshadow gear !!!

11. Member
    Thanks for the update!

Waiting for my blanks to ship from get bit.