36v vs 24v “mode” for Ghost

To run 24v or 36v???

I’ve upgraded to a Ghost from a 80lb Ulterra, I am currently running it on 24v since my batteries were new last year.

I plan to upgrade to lithium for next season to reduce weight in the bow of the boat (1875 Lund Pro-Guide). I’ve decided to go with either a 24 or 36volt battery and not have to deal with wiring in series.

I can’t say I was ever short of power with the 80lb Ulterra and the Ghost has already got more power in 24v but have been thinking that if I go 36v I can run the motor on lower setting than the 24v and get more run time, does this make sense and will it actually work out this way? I’m no battery expert.

2. Member
    You will get longer running time on 36v versus 24v. I have never had much issue with not having enough juice at the end of the day on my Ghost at 24v. I have ordered lithiums and will be "upgrading" to 36v. Mainly switching to get longer running time on my graphs and Ionic are on sale, so moving to 36v was a good option at this time.

3. Member
    What Ah Ionics you going with?

4. Member
    I run a ghost on 24V, with Lithium batteries, on Big water, and river current, and can't kill the batteries not matter how hard I try during a tournament.

I use TWO 100Ah Ionics.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    What Ah Ionics you going with?
    I ordered the 12v125Ah for my starting, graphs (9" Live HDS, 12" Live HDS, Active Target), live wells, pumps, etc. and three 12v50Ah for the Ghost. Looking forward to dropping well over 100 pounds of weight off the back.

6. Member
    ATM I'm looking at either the Amped 60ah 36v or Dakota 63ah 36v for the Ghost and will move the 2 Gr31 Northstars to the back to run in parallel to be the starter, PS, house and electronics(3xHDS Live 12, HDS Live 9 & AT) batteries.

I currently run the electronics setup off 1 Gr31 Norhtstar and last trip out I got about 8hrs run time with all electronics on the whole time, wiring 2 in parallel plus getting charge from the motor should give me more than enough juice for a long day.