Help with planing issue

Hello I have a Caymas cx18 and having some recent troubles getting on plane
    merc pro xs 115 hp
    bobs hydraulic jackplate

my Boat preformed perfectly when I first got it. Was getting an amazing 53 with 2 people and a medium load but full tank. Totally nuts would plane in seconds sitting at 6200 rpm with a fury 23 pitch prop

i made some modifications to the boat and added 36v lithium setup instead of 24v lead acid. After this the boat isn’t acting right. Fully loaded with just one person I’m now getting 41 max and 5500 rpm wide open. Now I had a coangler and filled live wells and could not get on plane at all, basically had to have my co stand in front every time to get on pad. Another new symptom is that now I must have the jackplate close to all the way down when on pad as I was losing water pressure with it raised at all.

im thinking first step is to lower the motor so I have more adjustment with the jackplate and then look at down pitching the prop. Thoughts on this approach? Any other things to consider?

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

Suggestion to quickly determine if the weight change is a major contributor:

-Put same prop back on and set engine at same height.

-Add sand-bag to rear deck to simulate the weight of each battery you removed. Adjust as necessary.

Run it. If you are within 300 RPM's (and the previous data was from over the winter), that's probably a result of the warmer, less-dense air of summer.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor