2010 FX 21 250 SHO Motor Toter

Which is the best motor toter to use? I have one that goes over the two trim cylinders but it does not seem to do a good job of stopping it from bouncing.
    I used the kind that goes from the trailer to the motor and while it was not a high end one, it broke about 20 miles into the trip. I read where Yamaha said these were the best kind. Do I need one with the springs in it and certain pound or size on it? With the adjustable height, do I make it as short as possible or in the middle or longer?

That 250 SHO is a beast.

Thanks for any help.
    Scott Smith
    Blanchard, OK
    2014 FX 20 Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Member
    Motormate. The only way to go. No longer need steering locks with one of them.

Pro Rule.....one of the largest Skeeter and Yamaha dealers in the country sends out every boat they sell with one. Pro Rule also makes the measuring boards for Skeeter.

I have 3 of them. I'm currently using a Motormate, but i've had problems with the brackets bending and the plastic clips at the ends breaking. Motormate was very good about sending replacments, but still had some problems. My SHO came with ProRule, and it's fine too - but you have to use steering clips. I recently bought the DD26. It's really nice and built like a tank, but it too requires steering clips.

The best solution would be for MotorMate to build a higher quality product and it would be the ticket.

5. Member
    I have a 2010 FX21 and 250 SHO and I wonder what is really the best motor support for the transom. I have the pro-rule and clips which I use but I see the motor bouncing and can't help but think what that is doing to the transom. I know people say that the transom takes a bigger beating on the water but logic tells me that ain't so. On the water the boat is riding of course in a forgiving substance which cushions the shock. The motor is getting jarred yes, but so is the hull and like I said the water itself softens the impacts, at least in my mind. On the trailer the weight of the motor is cantilevered on the transom and the boat hull can't move much to absorb the impacts. I've thought about modifying a standard motor toter type unit that braces the motor foot to the trailer but on my trailer there are lights in the way which I would have to modify the end of the motor toter to work. Does anyone know of a motor foot to trailer support that would work without modifications on the EZ Loader trailers Skeeter used in 2010?

6. Member
    I have the DD26 in red and love them. Top notch product.
    2015 Skeeter ZX250 with 2015 SHO 250hp
    12" Helix MSI at console linked with
    9" Helix MDI at bow
    52" 36v Ultrex
    (sold and I miss it)

7. Member
    Mine came with the pro-rule toter and steering clips. I purchased the DD26 because of the rubber cap that the motor rests on. My thought is the rubber contact point has to be better than a metal one. I also bought the DD26 steering clips which are a tighter fit than the plastic ones that came with the boat. All contact points on both the toter and clips are replaceable and the quality of the product is definitely high. The motor does still have some visible movement on a rough road but not much.
    Which is better, the motor toter type or the kind that mounts to the trailer? The world may never know....
    2021 Skeeter ZXR-21 with 250 Yamaha SHO, Pro II Power Poles, Atlas Hydro Jack Plate