Is there a water temperature limit?

I fish a power plant lake and the water temperature at its discharge can get over 100 degrees. Anyway believe it or not the bass will stack up in there even with those kinds of temperatures. A friend of mine fished this lake yesterday and while fishing in the discharge his Garmins shut down. The water surface temp was 105 degrees. When he went to some other ares where the water temp was in the low 90's the units worked fine. This has happened twice in the last week. Is there an upper water temperature limit that these units will not operate. He got the 93's.

Livescope has a 102*f upper limit. Don't know about the other sources
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    Thanks. He did not turn his livescope on. So I would probably think it would be the same for the other Garmin transducers.

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    But Livescope doesn't shut the whole unit down.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

5. Member
    Well my friend was not running the Livescope at the time. He was only running his Garmin 93 graphs on his console and bow. They are networked together and I think he is running a GT54 transducer. He has a dedicated graph for his livescope which he was not running. He said his graphs shut off on him twice when he went up into the 105 degree water. They came back on both times when he went to another part of the lake that had around 92 degree surface temperature.

6. Member
    I'm amazed fish can even live in water that hot.....

7. Member
    Its crazy I know. Its a 2000 acre power plant lake and the bass hit in that hot water like crazy. 30 fish days are not unusual for that lake. It does not hold double digit bass but there are a lot to 16 to 20 inch fish. For a numbers lake it right up there for one of the best in Texas. It gets the crap pounded out of it but most of the fish are in the slot limit so its a phone/paper tournament lake and catch and release in general.

Quote Originally Posted by ridge_runner91 View Post
    I'm amazed fish can even live in water that hot.....

8. Member
    They should dump peacock bass in there.