Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool Las Vegas Drought and Heat wave.........

Currently 114*.......its brutally hot. Posted a new video though......

" A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

2. Member
    By fall Mead, Havasu and Powell are gonna be in trouble along with the folks that depend on that water and electricity.

3. Member
    It just didn’t happen over night. What is the government in those states doing about it?

4. Member
    And they could take years to fill back up if things do change for the better.

5. Member
    Two things I don't miss about living in AZ.......

The drastic heat and the fires!
    Huntin' Ducks, Chasin' Pheasant, Catching Fish

6. Member
    I believe "we" (all of us) have been drying out for a long, long time. Here in Richmond, VA, one of our secondary interstates crosses the James River, west of the city. Looking at the topography at the road turns to bridge, it is pretty obvious that the river was easily 3-4 times wider at some point. Other rivers across the U.S. have similar. What I don't know it it is a 1000 or 1 million years in the making, but I think we are in drying up phase of, at least this region of the planet. Yep, we may be doomed. But I believe we will do ourselves in before mother nature gets us all.

7. Member
    Read a article about Lake Mead yesterday and a wateroligist said this has been coming for years,you don’t lose Statue of Liberty depth in just a few months. Lake Oroville might not be able to produce Dam power in the next few months.
    Red Sox in 6!

8. Member
    And yet the sea levels are rising.

We are in a draught in Minnesota right now and that's bad for us.

Talked to my brother last night. He said it's been 118F for days and days where he lives, in Ridgecrest, CA. He says he hasn't even been running his swamp cooler. I have been running our portable A/C here in the Seattle area.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

10. Member
    We are in a bad drought here too.. the water levels at about what we would typically see in mid-late summer. I was trout fishing this one river and I was standing on some slate in the middle of the creek that was about shin deep before it drops off to 10-12’. in the spring you couldn’t walk out 1/4 of the way because the water was so high. Haven’t been able to do that in years
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Building towns in deserts and pretending like they are in the Midwest with the way they use water is probably not the best idea.
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

12. Member
    Lake Michigan was at record high levels last year, this year down almost two feet at this point.

13. Banned
    well it is a desert

we was in Vegas 5/20-5/23 and days was hot but nights was cool except 5/21 around noon it started raining on us on Freemont Street for about 5 minutes..

Quote Originally Posted by BassinB View Post
    Lake Michigan was at record high levels last year, this year down almost two feet at this point.
    Same in Georgian Bay…from the reports I read. Where does 2 feet of water go over the winter? Most of the Great Lakes iced over this past winter.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Still surprised that the all time high for Vegas is only 117. Heck I live on the coast and we hit 119 a couple years ago.

17. Member
    Why don't they pipe over the rain run-off from tropical storms around the gulf and rainy seasons in CA?

18. Member
    I have fished south cove ( the mouth of the Grand Canyon) where the river turns into a lake for the last 55 years. They just closed the ramp and I doubt it ever opens again!! There was a big dozer working on the ramp last week and he got too close to the EDGE “ tractor disappeared” worker swam back to the shore.

19. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    Why don't they pipe over the rain run-off from tropical storms around the gulf and rainy seasons in CA?

They probably don't make a pump big enough and the costs would be astronomical
    Thanos was the hero

20. Member
    DOOM! DOOM I tellya

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast