Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    I would think that we could move as much water as we wanted to, Rome moved a lot of water long distances 2000 years ago ��*♂️ A buddy of mine always likes to say,"you can do anything with enough money ".

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cubswin View Post
    Don’t forget almonds, they take a ton of water. At some point going to have to be some very strict restrictions. Personally think that point already came.
    My house is surrounded by thousands of acres of almond orchards, I noticed yesterday that all the orchards are flooded with water. I'm not sure if this is a regular practice or the growers are just trying to get the trees a bunch of water before the state turns it off.
    1987 Ranger 373V 150 Yamaha proV still going strong.

They already have aqueduct that carry the water to AZ and CA. They could build a pipeline or some type of system to fill up lake mead with excess water from floods or other states that have lots of runoff.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by g352nv View Post
    Another good one on the history of water issues in CA.

enjoyed the story, hard to watch when that dude puts his face across my screen periodically during the story... wonder what all the real underlying stories of that long history were.

Quote Originally Posted by old373guy View Post
    My house is surrounded by thousands of acres of almond orchards, I noticed yesterday that all the orchards are flooded with water. I'm not sure if this is a regular practice or the growers are just trying to get the trees a bunch of water before the state turns it off.
    Supposedly it takes something like a gallon of water per almond. Most almonds are exported too. I guess we gotta have something to trade for all the Chinese stuff we get, but IMO it is time to stop using so much water to grow almonds.

6. Member
    It's been 118 degrees or so for a high all week. The drought started in 1998. Building and development has never stopped in my 21 years here. Air quality is not good. Az in the summer is not fun. Winters on the other hand are great. Needs to snow this winter throughout the SW.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    Supposedly it takes something like a gallon of water per almond. Most almonds are exported too. I guess we gotta have something to trade for all the Chinese stuff we get, but IMO it is time to stop using so much water to grow almonds.
    Yea where's Al Gore? He should be banning the Devils Nuts!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123