Console roominess

I finally got to crawl all over a caymas a few weeks ago. I looked at a CX18ss and CX18GTS. I liked almost everything that I saw. The exception was the feel at the console. When I sat in the seat and grabbed the wheel I felt crapped from the waist up. I'm a tall build with the standard 40 year old dad bod. The boats I saw didn't have the seat slides and the salesman told me that the console area and seats would be the same on all boats. When the seat slides are present does the seat go farther back than the standard mounted seat?

2. Member
    I have the cx20. I have maybe 2 inches behind my seat, when all the way back.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunkerhunter3 View Post
    I finally got to crawl all over a caymas a few weeks ago. I looked at a CX18ss and CX18GTS. I liked almost everything that I saw. The exception was the feel at the console. When I sat in the seat and grabbed the wheel I felt crapped from the waist up. I'm a tall build with the standard 40 year old dad bod. The boats I saw didn't have the seat slides and the salesman told me that the console area and seats would be the same on all boats. When the seat slides are present does the seat go farther back than the standard mounted seat?
    You have space back there but it’s for a dip net, Earl always wanted place for a dip net so it would be out of the way.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billproxs View Post
    I have the cx20. I have maybe 2 inches behind my seat, when all the way back.
    +1.

5. Member
    I'm actually going to relocate my driver's seat to come back a bit farther. The slide bracket has one extra hole in it for this. I have long legs. Caymas asked me if I'd like a solid seat bracket mounted father back.Also have the upgraded steering wheel that comes back a bit father than the stock wheel. I could always use the extra room.

6. Member
    I have the adjustable seats on my 18GTS. I have never slid it forward other than to clean out from under the seat. The GTS comes with a net behind the passenger seat. As bill said, there is ~2" of room you could remove and reset the seats. I'm 6' tall and have never felt uncomfortable in the seat. Just make sure your hot foot is moved forward as far as possible without hitting the forward wall when WOT.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunkerhunter3 View Post
    I am considering an 18Gts also. The only thing holding me back
    Was the cockpit space. I'm 6ft and 275 and it was a bit difficult to get up.

Passenger console was also cramped to where my
    Knees were against the front console edge.

I need to have them check on adjustability. For 44k I should be a little comfortable.