Quote Originally Posted by kilowatt39 View Post
You are correct! It has been very confusing. So, originally, since I had the warranty switched over through the Quest program (I am not the first owner), the service rep assumed that it was going to be covered and made the assumption that it was approved, that however does not appear to be the case. Due to the costs associated, and the age of the boat, the marine repair company wanted to ensure that they are not going to get stuck with the bill and wants written approval from BassCat that the work will be covered (which is fully understandable).

Originally, I wanted to find a different company for the repairs because I thought the hang up was with the repair shop performing the work. I fully understood the restrictions of getting materials and good labor placed on everyone due to covid and was more than willing to accommodate due to those limitations. However, it appears that there was never full approval asked for from Basscat early on, nor has BassCat approved any work to commence as of today.

So, it has been over 3 months without my boat and work has not even been approved let alone started. I am also worried that at this point, due to the age of the boat, that the transom work will not even be covered even though I know for a fact that I have not hit anything. No prop damage, no lower damage, no hull damage, but a cracked transom and stress fractures in the gelcoat from flexing.

I did get a hold of Richard at Basscat today and he stated that he was going to look into it further and get back with me. Hopefully it works out and we can start getting some work done on her.

Thank you everyone for your referrals for repair work!

Bill

Richard is good people I have had to work with him on a couple issues. Sometimes it seems like its going no where but its just the nature of the boat business.