My new EchoMap UHD 64cv is a ULD (ULTRA LOW DEFINITION)

I just installed a new EchoMap UHD 64cv but the sounder return is a ULD (ULTRA LOW DEFINITION). I even tried just lashing the transducer to a stick and submerging it a foot away from the boat and it was still terrible. I used to get more useful info from a flasher than this gives.
    It seems to read the depth ok and shows the bottom depth in feet but the graphic is just 1/4" square pixels. Is there an adjustment or calibration I need to do?

2. Member
    Are the 2D and the CV both blocky? Did you double check the tightness on the transducer connection? Otherwise, it sounds like a bad transducer or a bad head unit.

3. Member
    I would definitely be calling garmin.... as I'm sure you know its never going to have the same resolution as the high dollar units but it shouldn't be as bad as what you are describing.

4. Member
    Here is a screen shot taden while in my slip and it is the best I have seen it. This was just after I made my first run away from my dock which was to test the new autopilot. This is about a 1000 times better than it was when I first fired it up. Does it have a self calibration and can I expect it to get better with time?20210619_083252[1].jpg

5. Member
    You are going 0mph. Show a picture when you are moving.

6. Member
    Down imaging (the left half of the screen) requires movement, usually 1-5 mph. There is also some setting(s) involving surface noise that you can adjust to take out the top returns. Unless there is a dock beam or something hard directly underneath your boat.
    Last edited by mtatua; 06-20-2021 at 05:21 PM.