1993 faststrike temp related issues

My 150 faststrike doesnt show to be charging, or the tach working, until the engine reaches around 150 degrees. I replaced the stator, after a smokey meltdown, about 70 hours ago.
    Engine is running fine. Currently.
    Anyone have any input for me? Championman?

rectifier
    Always Think Like A Fish.....No Matter How Weird it Is!!

3. Member
    Correct. I replaced the rectifier, not the stator. My mistake.
    Does it sound like I need to replace it again?
    ChampionMan?

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    How's your water pressure? Reason I ask is the Reg/Rec is water cooled. The new and improved R/R has the purple B+ wire removed from them. May want to check your stator output before doing another R/R. Make sure all the grounds are clean and tight.

5. Member
    Water pressure is good. New pump about 20 hour back. The R/R does not have the purple B+ wire. i believe I got the part number and source from you. I will go through all my grounds and battery connections again. Ive only checked the battery side recently. They were clean and tight with dielectric grease coating them secured with nuts terminals. The grease was put over the tightened post/terminals. Not on the terminals themselves.

6. Member
    Still at a loss on this. Engine runs great, but no charging output or tach signal until it reaches around 145-150 degrees. By the time I park the truck it is all a go, so I forget about the issue. Opinions are to replace R/R again? ChampioNman, I used CDI brand #193-4093. New t-stats and flushed, water pump good, good pressure, grounds were secure.... Should I replace?

7. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    If the VRO is still installed and connected, unplug the 4 wire harness from the pump and see if tach and charging return. Wouldn't be the first time a part was bad from stock.

8. Member
    No VRO hooked up, per previous owner. The new R/R did work correctly the first year. The issues started my second season after replacement.

9. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Contact CDI if it has been less than 2 years they do have a warranty. They may assist you if you have a receipt. I'd replace it.

10. Member
    Thank you very much.