Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    For those that do not have a brushless electric motor, the magnets in the motor will interfere with the heading sensor in the Active Target transducer. Locate the transducer 8 to 10 inches above the motor
    For those using a brushless motor such as my Ghost, what should the proper setup distance be from the top of the motor then? Mine is currently 8-10 above which I thought was standard.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ethosb View Post
    SD card transfer has never failed for me. I wish the next update would move the transducer stop feature to the main page and not the second page.
    Amen! C'mon Lowrance. This is a no-brainer.

3. Member
    I bought a AT a few months ago and finally got it installed this weekend. I went ahead and did the update before taking it to the water, I did the 64.5.29. This is the only update I saw on Lowrance web site, so assume it’s the latest one. My direction cone is on the top right, not left so just wondering why.
    Keep it all in perspective; Galatians 1:10

Thanks to who keeps us on the water catching fish!

Midway Marine, Fulton Ms - Isaac Duncan; 601-695-4013
    Ranger and Nitro Boats
    Lowrance
    Boat Logix
    Mercury
    Bobs Machine
    Power Pole
    Seaguar
    Queen Tackle
    Fiberglass Shop, Columbus Ms

4. Member
    Mine seems to be working poor, I have to turn up contrast all the way
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DuncanBassFishing View Post
    I bought a AT a few months ago and finally got it installed this weekend. I went ahead and did the update before taking it to the water, I did the 64.5.29. This is the only update I saw on Lowrance web site, so assume it’s the latest one. My direction cone is on the top right, not left so just wondering why.
    You did not install the new update, 20.3. It is listed under "Active Target" in the device list now; not under "Transducer" like it was previously. The file ends in .riw so it must be manually installed unlike HDS software updates (.upd) which install automatically.

Make sure you also update your HDS unit with 20.3, which is a separate update for the head unit.
    ciao,
    Marc

6. Member
    Marc, thanks for the reply. Here is a update on how it did it which seems as you listed. I went to Lowrance, Active Target, all that showed was 20.3, clicked it. It loaded to my computer then I saved it to a 16gig mini SD card. I plugged it into a Live 12 then went to the card slot and ran the update. Maybe I’m wrong on what I called the update. The numbers I show, 64.5.29 is what’s in the name on source. I thought this reflected the version of my software.

Ranger and Nitro Boats
    Lowrance
    Boat Logix
    Mercury
    Bobs Machine
    Power Pole
    Seaguar
    Queen Tackle

7. Member
    Marc, thanks for the reply. Here is a update on how it did it which seems as you listed. I went to Lowrance, Active Target, all that showed was 20.3, clicked it. It loaded to my computer then I saved it to a 16gig mini SD card. I plugged it into a Live 12 then went to the card slot and ran the update. Maybe I’m wrong on what I called the update. The numbers I show, 64.5.29 is what’s in the name on source. I thought this reflected the version of my software.
    OK, we will figure this out. I can't remember if the Active Target direction indicator was moved with the AT update 20.3, or if it was moved with the HDS 20.3 update. I would check it out on my boat, but I am on a road trip to Texas right now. You did install the update for your HDS also?

If you tried to update both, and the direction indicator did not move to the top left corner, then one of the updates didn't work. Since the HDS update loads automatically, I would assume that one worked fine. If you didn't do this update, that is likely your problem.

If the HDS update did work, then maybe you didn't wait long enough when installing the AT update. After you see it load 100%, you then have to wait for it to say it is synchronizing the files, then it will reboot; and then it is installed. I would try it again until you see the direction indicator move to the top left corner. Maybe watch this video; although it is for an earlier AT update, the procedure is identical:

ciao,
    Marc

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ethosb View Post
    For those using a brushless motor such as my Ghost, what should the proper setup distance be from the top of the motor then? Mine is currently 8-10 above which I thought was standard.
    8-10 inches above bottom is standard with the Ghost, so you should be fine, but you can move it down (or up) to what is best for your type of fishing.
    ciao,
    Marc

9. Member
    Marc, guess I missed the latest update for HDS Live. I did the update for the AT. Does it matter which order you do the updates in? Since I already completed the update for the AT does it matter if I now do the update on the units?
    2019 Skeeter FX-21
    250 SHO
    Lowrance 16” Live & 12” Live
    Ghost TM

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Want2fish3 View Post
    Marc, guess I missed the latest update for HDS Live. I did the update for the AT. Does it matter which order you do the updates in? Since I already completed the update for the AT does it matter if I now do the update on the units?
    It does not matter which order you do them in. Go ahead and do the units.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy111 View Post
    It does not matter which order you do them in. Go ahead and do the units.
    This
    ciao,
    Marc

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Want2fish3 View Post
    That is your problem, then. Also, if you have 3D StructureScan you must also update it to 20.3 (update is on the Lowrance site under 3D StructureScan). All connected units must be on the same software version to play well with each other.
    ciao,
    Marc

13. Member
    Thanks!
    2019 Skeeter FX-21
    250 SHO
    Lowrance 16” Live & 12” Live
    Ghost TM

14. Member
    Marc, just wanted to update, I checked and my Lives were not updated. I updated the Live and the directional for the AI moved to the left side.

Ranger and Nitro Boats
    Lowrance
    Boat Logix
    Mercury
    Bobs Machine
    Power Pole
    Seaguar
    Queen Tackle

15. Member
    Marc, just wanted to update, I checked and my Lives were not updated. I updated the Live and the directional for the AI moved to the left side.
    Excellent; glad you got it worked out.
    ciao,
    Marc

16. Member
    Hey what are u guys using to hang wires that run through rod box with zero holes drilled
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

17. Member
    In this case at cable
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

18. Member
    Zip-tie to the factory bundle of wires going from the console to bow.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DewRonInc View Post
    In this case at cable
    Mine runs through the factory conduit in the gunwale. I have video of this in my Active Target Unbox and Install video on You Tube.
    ciao,
    Marc

I did update to 20.3 / 64.5.29 a couple days ago on the Carbons as ZX225 was sitting in yard on house wi-fi... sweet!

Plans are for ATarget to be installed by dealer this month...so eager to test AT and then post results this summer...

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12