Thread: River condition

River condition

Have a club tourney this weekend--I assume the river is not going to look too good? I can't find any info online about what it is like now and what it will be on Saturday? What do you think?
    2007 Ranger Z21
    Yamaha SHO 250

2. Member
    Could be ok by the weekend if you're fishing the southern part of the river. Not optimistic about anything north of Mattawoman unless you're way back in a creek.

3. mikesxpress
    Flash flood warnings out thru Wed evening here all the way up to Harpers Ferry. More mud and debris coming down.

4. Member
    I'd postpone, not worth the risk.

5. Member
    That is what I am thinking--have already seen a couple tournaments postponed. More rain coming
    2007 Ranger Z21
    Yamaha SHO 250

6. Member
    I saw some video clips of folks on the water, fields of debris again. Under TX mindset, could be bad for boaters.
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Humminbird Helix 12 G4N MDI+/SI+
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

7. Member
    Crap, here we go again for another two weeks or so. Rain forecast through next Wed at least.

8. Member
    Just curious if there was more rain up there and what the conditions may be. Trying to help tournament directors make a decision on this weekend (Saturday) Is there any site we can go to with pictures of current conditions? I know there are sites that show the flow, the temp etc. Any help for us Richmond boys would be appreciated
    2007 Ranger Z21
    Yamaha SHO 250

9. mikesxpress

10. Member
    Fished today in Mattawomen water is as clear as it can be. Fishing was super. Topwater and crankbait