1997 Nitro 896 Savage

I sold my boat a week ago after buying it 6 weeks or so ago to fish one certain tournament. I made a few bucks on the boat, but did put a new lower and carpet in it. Prices in the last 6 weeks have skyrocketed. I found a 1997 savage 896 with a rebuilt mercury 175 (50 hours ago). The guy wants 12k for the boat with a 24 volt trolling motor. 13k with an ipilot trolling motor. 15k with ipilot and 2 lowrance hds 9 touch graphs. That’s what he is asking, and I think that’s too high. However, if I can talk him down what would be a good price and how are these old nitros? I fish mainly the Ohio river, smaller lakes and then go to Kentucky lake a few times a year. I’m hesitant because it’s rated for a 200 and only has a 175. Also worried about paying 13k for everything and getting screwed over on a few years when it’s time to move on to another boat.

2. Member
    I personally feel that is high but price is subjective. As for the boat I have a 98 896 DC Summit with a 225 (yes it is over powered) and I feel that is what should have come on the boat. These are pretty heavy boats for the size and not sure "I" would be happy with only the 175. The hull is a good riding one for sure though, I have thought about getting a newer boat but can't seem to justify the change from this boat.

I had a ‘97 896 SC with a Merc 150 EFI and Para-Lift jackplate. That boat would run mid-high 60’s. It was a good all-around boat at 19’6”. It fished well on inland lakes plus did good on St. Clair, Erie, etc.