Tracker 195 motor height recomendations

Before I experiment more i thought id get some recomendations...my 195 with 115 pro xs is mounted in the second hole from what i can tell 4.25ptp. My 19p mw prop runs 46-50 mph at 6300 rpm depending on load but between trimmed down and full up I get a spot where the prop loses bite and the motor shakes. Running up a river I have to trim through this spot every corner....or I can trim to the highest point and back way off the throttle so I don't over rev and take the corner just fine ... My fastest speed with good rooster tail is one bump on the trim down from losing bite and shaking....i tried a spitfire x7 for more bite and it did the same if not worse which leads me to motor height but not sure if i should go up or down

2. Member
    If shallow water running is a consideration, I'd look into a hydraulic jack plate.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

3. Member
    Considering your not trimming up all the way. The motor needs to go down. Also hopefully your are running a water pressure gauge.

4. Member
    Gauge..yes tons of pressure still . and I am trimming up all the way corners great just gets more slip and Over revs. Trimming down from best running trim shakes then goes below the shaking point and turns fine too. If i run that trim point straight max speed is 42. Trim through the shaking straight and im at 47 ...so im either right below or above the shaking spot.

I've never heard of this "shaking point" it will be interesting to hear from some of our old pro's about this. It seems that most tin manufacturers are mounting engines in the 2nd hole. I moved mine up but went up to the 4th hole because of a recommendation but I wish I had only went up one hole to the 3rd. Mine does blow out in turns at higher speeds. I think you could go up one hole but I would talk to some others with more experience than me before deciding. Here's an article about deciding on engine height: http://www.stevescustomprops.com/faq...engine_height_
    2017 Crestliner VT 18 DX
    Mercury 115 ProXS
    Motorguide X3 70lb 24V
    TP Express Mach 4 13 x 19
    "Follow Me," Jesus told them, "and I will make you fish for people!" Mark 1:17

6. Member
    I don't know if it's because of the softer mounts in these motors or what...there is another member with the same setup as mine with the same problem and he went back to the top hole and said it fixed it but had trim issues after that

7. Member
    Moved up to third hole....shaking still exists, but I was able to stay above shaking with the trim and run the entire river with the x721p by finding the sweet spot and just backing off the throttle. Guess I'll live with it at that height water pressure won't allow higher. 48.2 mph at 6000 rpms.

8. Member
    Shaking means prop is losing bite at that trim level. With the step on the Trackers, it would seem you'd be able to mount at hole #3 (which I have). I only have to bump my trim as I pull back the throttle in sharp turns with the X7.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver