Thread: Lithium Report

Thumbs Up Lithium Report

Basscat Sabre
    80lb - Ultrex
    2 x 100AH - Ionic Batteries

Fished Champlain last week, on the trolling motor pretty good looking for spawning smallmouth. Some days had some decent winds blowing as well.

5 hours on Wednesday
    12 Hours on Thursday
    12 Hours on Friday
    12 Hours on Saturday
    4 Hours on Sunday

Didn't charge once the whole trip, still had 34% remaining on the trollers.

I'm throughly impressed. Probably severe over kill, but sure is nice not having to worry about finding a plug at the hotel each night.
    2002 Basscat Sabre Merc 150 XR6
    Humminbird Electronics
    Ionic Lithium Batteries

2. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    wow wee !!
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

3. Member
    Awesome report!
    JT

2014 Ranger Z521C / Yamaha VMAX SHO 250 / IONIC Batteries
    Garmin 57” Force TM, ECHOMAP Ultra 106sv’s, LVS34

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dmackaravitz View Post
    I'm thoroughly impressed. Probably severe over kill, but sure is nice not having to worry about finding a plug at the hotel each night.
    +1. If not having to run livewell pumps the motor charges the AGM cranker enough to not worry about charging that either.
    Fish have fins, they swim

5. Member
    ... I'm exhausted just hearing about your trip! Man 45hrs on 5 days!

John Walker - Matthews NC

2021 Ranger RT198P - Mercury 150 4S - Enertia Eco
    VesselView Link - MotorGuide Tour Pro - Lowrance Carbons

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyred View Post
    ... I'm exhausted just hearing about your trip! Man 45hrs on 5 days!
    Slept well when I got home, thats for sure.
    Humminbird Electronics
    Ionic Lithium Batteries

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dmackaravitz View Post
    Basscat Sabre
    80lb - Ultrex
    2 x 100AH - Ionic Batteries

Fished Champlain last week, on the trolling motor pretty good looking for spawning smallmouth. Some days had some decent winds blowing as well.

5 hours on Wednesday
    12 Hours on Thursday
    12 Hours on Friday
    12 Hours on Saturday
    4 Hours on Sunday

Didn't charge once the whole trip, still had 34% remaining on the trollers.

I'm throughly impressed. Probably severe over kill, but sure is nice not having to worry about finding a plug at the hotel each night.
    That is definitely impressive! You must have a fairly light boat and used spot lock a lot during those 45 hours.
    I have a 21’6 glass multi species rig and a 300 Verado so I’m pulling around a lot of weight. I have 3-100 ah Ionics and a 36v 112 Ultrex.
    I recently had a trip that I fished for 9 hrs in 15-20 mph off shore winds and used the trolling motor on 8 the whole day looking for spawning fish (in close trying to stay out of the wind) and would spot lock when I fished a bed. At the end of the day I ran my 3 100 ah down to 48% and I thought that was great, no way could I have done that with my previous lead acid batteries. Yesterday I fished 8 hrs, started on 90% and was down to 48% at the end of the day using the trolling motor on 6-8 power and spot locked a lot. I just wanted to share a couple of my experiences compared to yours. I am totally satisfied with these batteries!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Erie660 View Post
    That is definitely impressive! You must have a fairly light boat and used spot lock a lot during those 45 hours.
    I have a 21’6 glass multi species rig and a 300 Verado so I’m pulling around a lot of weight. I have 3-100 ah Ionics and a 36v 112 Ultrex.
    I recently had a trip that I fished for 9 hrs in 15-20 mph off shore winds and used the trolling motor on 8 the whole day looking for spawning fish (in close trying to stay out of the wind) and would spot lock when I fished a bed. At the end of the day I ran my 3 100 ah down to 48% and I thought that was great, no way could I have done that with my previous lead acid batteries. Yesterday I fished 8 hrs, started on 90% and was down to 48% at the end of the day using the trolling motor on 6-8 power and spot locked a lot. I just wanted to share a couple of my experiences compared to yours. I am totally satisfied with these batteries!
    Pretty light boat (18ft w/150), and I typically keep the TM speeds around 3-5. and that'll get me going .8-1.2mph depending on winds. And was pretty much doing the same as you. Cruise around looking for beds, then hitting the spot lock, or manually "spot locking".
    Humminbird Electronics
    Ionic Lithium Batteries