818 Pro - power pole questions

Hey guys,
    After looking at the 818 Pro at the Classic this weekend I am thinking about ordering one. I hate to get rid of my Ranger 361V I bought in 1991, but would like a bigger boat that will still fit in the garage. I am wondering if anyone can tell me the overall height from the ground to the tip of 8ft power poles. Also, any performance issues with 2 poles on this size boat with the 175? I have lithium batteries I would put in it, at least for the TM. I know the phoenix’s like the weight in the back, but I love the performance of the lithium’s.
    Thanks,

Todd

2. Member
    I can get you an exact measurement later but mine are 2” too tall to back in the garage. I was putting them down and then back up to get it in and out but got tired of doing that so I bought the tilt brackets. Worth it to me.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix818 View Post
    I can get you an exact measurement later but mine are 2” too tall to back in the garage. I was putting them down and then back up to get it in and out but got tired of doing that so I bought the tilt brackets. Worth it to me.
    I have the same problem with my 819. I did not have the problem on my 721, almost seems like they are sitting a bit higher on the trailer now.

Which tilt brackets did you go with? Thanks.
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Ed View Post
    I have the same problem with my 819. I did not have the problem on my 721, almost seems like they are sitting a bit higher on the trailer now.

Which tilt brackets did you go with? Thanks.
    Do you have the rampage wheels? Those use a wider fender and requires the bunks to be raised a bit
    Fish have fins, they swim

5. Member
    I bought the hydrilla gear brackets. It makes life easier for me so I don’t have to worry about going up and down with the poles backing in. I also have to angle the boat in the garage and with the poles tilted down I can actually get the boat a little deeper in garage.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ-Rohlf View Post
    Do you have the rampage wheels? Those use a wider fender and requires the bunks to be raised a bit

Yup the wheel package will make a diff. I think 4 inches if I remember right.

7. Member
    Assuming the guys with issues have 7' garage doors?

8. Member
    I have a "21 818 with dual power poles. The Hydrilla gear tilt brackets are what I use and worth every penny. I lost 2-3mph after adding the poles. Other then that, I wont have a boat with out them.

https://hydrillagear.com/collections...ovable-bracket
    Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/lowranceprotips/
    YouTube -https://www.youtube.com/c/LowranceProTips
    2021 PHOENIX 818 PRO
    2021 MERC 175 PROXS

9. Member
    To the top of my 8ft poles on my 818 is 84”. I have a tandem trailer so not 100% sure the single trailer would be the same.

10. Member
    Thanks guys! Exactly what I was looking for. I have a 7’ tall garage door so the way it is built with the lip in concrete it may work. I think I may bite the bullet and order one. Much appreciated.