Nitro's come with an hour meter?

Well... Ive got my order in for a new 2022 Z-19 and am pretty darn excited about it. One thing I never asked the dealer is if the boat or the 200 merc. comes with an hour meter? Thanks for the input. My hope is the answer is YES.
    I've never understood why its not standard on all boats.

Have you upgraded your gauges? If so maybe, if no the meter can be read by the dealer when ever it is in the shop
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Did you order some type of Smartcraft gauge? If not, get a Mercmonitor or Vesselview Link (depending on FF brand) or the Taxh/Speedo. Add one of those to your order. It is worth every penny. They all have “hours” as one of the items they track.

Smartcraft Options.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

4. Member
    Mine did not come with an hour meter much to my surprise.... all my old clunkers had one!

Added vessel view mobile which gave me an hour meter as well as engine temp and more. I would consider this a necessary upgrade.
    Ted
    2021 Z19 Pro

5. Member
    Vessel View Mobile is a cost-effective way to get motor hours, temp, water pressure, and other readings directly from the motor.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

6. Member
    Ive heard a little about the vessel view. Can i get the readers digest version of set up and cost> Is it as simple as setting it up on my phone for a cost and then linking my phone to the motor?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    Did you order some type of Smartcraft gauge? If not, get a Mercmonitor or Vesselview Link (depending on FF brand) or the Taxh/Speedo. Add one of those to your order. It is worth every penny. They all have “hours” as one of the items they track.

Smartcraft Options.
    Thank you.

8. Member
    Vessel view module installs on the motor under the cowl and connects to a free phone app via blue tooth. Cost is about $225. I got the phone holder and run vessel view all the time.
    CMSGT, USAF, Retired
    2021 Nitro Z19, Mercury 200 Pro XS 4 Stroke, SN 2B789775

Ultrex 80/45 24v, Helix 8 G3N SI+. Helix 10 G4N DI+, Helix 3GN DI

9. Member
    if I'm reading right,
    I can be set up with vessel view mobile for 200.00 total cost.. Sound right? That should tell me everything I need to know. Accurate RPM, engine hours, engine temp.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetch114 View Post
    if I'm reading right,
    I can be set up with vessel view mobile for 200.00 total cost.. Sound right? That should tell me everything I need to know. Accurate RPM, engine hours, engine temp.
    It can but there have been connection issues. The best way to solve this is to run a data cable up to the console and add a junction box then connect your Vessel View Mobile module into the junction box.

I personally am not a fan of it as I want my phone safe in my pocket or compartment. Also, BT runs down the battery pretty fast so now a charger must be added. I prefer the Mercmonitor as it shows many data points at the same time, cumulative fuel-used until I reset it, plus many other advantages.
    Last edited by 06 SB; 06-15-2021 at 11:34 PM.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

11. Member
    Amazon is currently selling VV’s for right under $200

Take a gander at YT a channel covering VV’s….it will cover how simple it is to install yourself and use

You will definitely want it connected to your vessel during the initial 2 Hour break in phase

Also had the Mercmonitor installed. Worth every penny for piece of mind. Plus, I figure I'll be able to recoup the cost (more or less) on resale value.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

13. Member
    if I'm reading right,
    I just got my boat in last weekend and purchases the Vessel View. Took all of 10 minutes to set-up. I also purchased the Ram-X mount, the suction one, for $45, and 3x 10ft phone chargers off amazon for $20. Haven't had any issues with the Ram-X mount falling off after hitting a few good wakes. The Vessel view is a huge addition. I can allow the motor to warm up to the proper temp, accurately monitor RPMs for break in, and monitor the amount of fuel I have left (I dont trust the helm gauges) along with a ton of other things that you can customize. I can send my set-up this weekend but, it's a must have.

14. Member
    You having any issues with Bluetooth linking to the VV that’s at the motor?

15. Member
    You having any issues with Bluetooth linking to the VV that’s at the motor?
    Never had a connection problem with mine. I mounted the module up high on the starboard side of the motor.
    Ted
    2021 Z19 Pro

16. Member
    I got this installed on my boat before I picked it up this year. I got it mainly for the break in period to keep track of RPMs and hours. It has a lot of other diagnostic uses too I hear but I haven't got into any of that yet. I have not had any connection issues either. Pair it with the X-Grip phone holder and it's pretty nice.
    2020 Z-18
    HB Solix 10 - Console
    Garmin 126sv w/Livescope - Bow

17. Member
    I have the VesselView mobile, but honestly have a very flakey connection when sitting near the console. It’s basically a 225 dollar hour meter for me lol.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

18. Member
    Vessel view link works very well. Costs more, but no issues and its always up on the live. Takes place of gauges since I can't see them anyway
    2020 Nitro Z20 250 Pro XS