Smile Seems like a lifetime ago

Hello all,
    It has been soooooo long since I have been here. It's been close to 20 years now since Cobra Boats shut down. Still to this day, the years that I spent working at Cobra Boats were the best working years of my life. Lots of people have passed away that I worked with too. The memories are very dear to my heart. And the memories of racing home after work to get on the BBC boards ........ Ah yes, those were the days.

I've spent some time in the past hour or so looking at pictures of the boats that I helped build, I can close my eyes and I'm right back in the plant. These boats are beautiful and I miss them. I am happy just knowing that there are people out there still enjoying my beloved Cobra Boats

Ok ..... enough of the mushy stuff
    Take care y'all, I'll stop back again someday

Cleveland, thanks for building a great ride.
    Denalirods.com
    Solarbat.com

Hey Cleveland! Great to see you here again. Any chance you could post some of those boat pics? I'm sure they'd be cool to see.

Tom

4. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Hey Kathy! Good to hear from you!

CLEVELAND!!!! From the good ol days. Good to see you!

Hi guys !!! ou1dadgumit, you are welcome !! It was a true pleasure building those boats. I took pride in my work. It was a great feeling watching every single boat leave that plant. I was very proud of it.

TomM, Great to see you too !! I don't have a single picture of any of the boats. I spent time here on the BBC looking at the boats. It's been almost 20 years since the business bit the bullet and the only pictures that I have are in my minds eye. Best memories EVER !! And fun ??? Holy crap did we have fun building those boats. Tape ball fights, hiding each others tools, making fun of somebody for a week if they hurt themselves, the list goes on and on. LOTS of shenanigans !!

Tx Champ, Hey Reggie !! If feel good to touch base with the BBC again !! I have missed this place !!

JoeBro44, JOOOOOEBROOOOO !!! What's going on !!! Those were the good ol days. The good ol days of milk and honey. I live in Florida now. Been here for 7 years and if the boat plant would not have gone under, I would still be working at Cobra Boats. I'm an inventory manager for Staples now (14 years under my belt) and it isn't NEARLY as much fun as it was working at Cobra !!

LOVE ALL YOU GUYS !!!

7. Member
    If you have any old pics of inside the plant post them please. I've had my cobra for 14 years and love the ride.
    Thanks Jeff
    Screenshot_20210620-221111_Gallery.jpg
    JEFF
    TALBOTT,TN
    VIPER COBRA 201
    Mercury pro xs

Sold my Cobra last year, ran across a deal I could not pass up and I didn't need two boats. Still things about the Cobra I miss, handled like it was on rails! Still can't get used to the new ride tilting to the side so much in a slow turn, I loved the flat turn of the Cobra, grab more throttle and take off! Had her for 18 years, but it was time to upgrade. I do however like the wide front deck of the new boat, that and a 250 Pro XS!! I wonder what that motor would do on a 201? Might be scary!!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx 201 View Post
    Sold my Cobra last year, ran across a deal I could not pass up and I didn't need two boats. Still things about the Cobra I miss, handled like it was on rails! Still can't get used to the new ride tilting to the side so much in a slow turn, I loved the flat turn of the Cobra, grab more throttle and take off! Had her for 18 years, but it was time to upgrade. I do however like the wide front deck of the new boat, that and a 250 Pro XS!! I wonder what that motor would do on a 201? Might be scary!!
    I can let you know in a couple weeks, I have a 2002 201 Coosa that I’m putting a 2015 250 pro xs on!

10. Member