Night Fishing Gear Help

Hey ya'll!

I don't normally fish night tournaments, but my dad and I have one coming up in a few weeks that we are fishing because the team trail we are fishing is doing a night derby. Not planning on becoming big night fisherman moving forward, but what gear would be good to have that wouldn't be too pricey you all would recommend? Obviously we'll have a spotlight for running and some headlamps. Anything else?

Thanks ahead of time!

Best,

Jason R

2. Member
    An led cap light is an essential tool. Also a lanyard with clippers and then store your tackle as efficiently as you can in order to eliminate looking for items in the dark
    Respectfully,
    Captain Rab
    V1CO 1:27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the
    world to put to shame the wise; and God has
    chosen the weak things of the world to put to
    shame the things which are mighty

3. Member
    and a blacklight and some blue florescent line

4. Member
    are you asking for bait or just like lights and stuff?

5. Member
    Looking mostly for gear and equipment. I appreciate your all's help! I know in general bigger thumping spinnerbaits, black buzzbaits, big worms, cranks, etc. I imagine it's pretty much like daytime, finding them is probably a bit more important than the specific bait. Thanks again!

Organization helps a lot. Minimum rods on deck, baits you plan on using ready to go, etc. Also just use the same stuff you use during the day, big baits, thumping blades and the like never work for me and I fish at night a lot. Color does seem to matter as darker colors like black/blue, junebug and the like always outperform lighter colors for me after dark.

7. Member
    What lake first off?