Thread: Jackplate size

Jackplate size

What are the advantages or disadvantages between 10 and 12 in jackplate on Phoenix 921 pro xp

2. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    From all or our testing on 920s the 12" always preformed better ride, hole shot , and have seen increased top end , I have not personally tested a 921
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

3. Member
    From what I've read Drew is correct with one caveat. Not sure if this true of not, haven't tried to verify. The offset depends on the engine. Yamaha SHO is supposed to have about 2" more inches of offset in the engine supports than Merc, at least pre-4 stroke. If that is true you would have 14" off the transom with a SHO. Someone will surely come along and verify this.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

4. Member
    I don't know about the sho having more setback, but I know when measuring total length of the boat for storage needs the sho was 3" longer than 2s merc. The sho is bigger size wise so that could be the reason or it may actually have more setback.

At any rate I'm running a 12" plate on my 721 with sho that originally had a 10. It improved in all areas just as drew said when I made the swap

5. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I defiantly ordered my new 920 Elite with a 12" and the SHO
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

6. Member
    Thanks guys, I’ve got a 12 in z-lock on it now. Are y’all running Atlas or Bobs hydraulic plates.
    Im running a 250 pro xs 2stroke, Thanks again

7. Member
    Atlas.. and I must say I have had a bobs and I think you can have problems with both but I burned up the relay harness on mine last weekend. Emailed T&H on Saturday and got a response an hour later and a shipment on Monday of a new harness under warranty. Customer service speaks volumes for me. Not saying you would not get the same with Bob's. Just sharing.

Bobs is head and shoulders better than th marine and there’s absolutely no debate. Now ofcourse both work and do the same thing but guys that are not fair weather fisherman know that over time the bobs is built much better. After 2 years of use I’m not trying to find a dealer to pull my motor to fix my jack plate that is splitting in 2. 21ft Phoenix I would be all over the 12” or even 14” jack plate. I know some brands run better with smaller plates but birds seem to love the setback.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

9. Member
    Thanks for the help

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackyjig View Post
    I don't know about the sho having more setback, but I know when measuring total length of the boat for storage needs the sho was 3" longer than 2s merc. The sho is bigger size wise so that could be the reason or it may actually have more setback.

At any rate I'm running a 12" plate on my 721 with sho that originally had a 10. It improved in all areas just as drew said when I made the swap
    Standard on a 721 is a 10” JP. When ordering a new 721 from Phoenix, I wonder if you can order with a 12” JP.?.?
    2022 Avid 20XB | 2022 Yamaha SHO 200 | Minn Kota Raptors | Hummingbird and Garmin electronics

11. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bug Pro View Post
    Standard on a 721 is a 10” JP. When ordering a new 721 from Phoenix, I wonder if you can order with a 12” JP.?.?
    19, 20, and 21ft Phoenix's come with a Z-lock 10" but you can order what ever you like 12" Bobs or Atlas
    info@drewcraft.com

12. Member
    You can order a new Phoenix with a bobs plate? I thought the factory only installed Atlas. Im planning on ordering a new 721 soon and would prefer a bobs but didnt know I had the option when ordering from factory.

13. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AHayden View Post
    You can order a new Phoenix with a bobs plate? I thought the factory only installed Atlas. Im planning on ordering a new 721 soon and would prefer a bobs but didnt know I had the option when ordering from factory.
    yes, talk to Jeff Hartung he will work it out with your dealer
    info@drewcraft.com

Quote Originally Posted by AHayden View Post
    Yes I have one. Came powder coated black from the factory no extra charge from Phoenix for the install.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright