1999 mercury 200hp efi timing

1999 mercury 200 hp efi s/n og886278 just replaced the powerhead and need to know, what is the timing for this motor at cranking speed and idle speed also wot speed my shop manual is not clear on these numbers

thanks
    bob

2. Member
    any idle control or detonation boxes still on it ????
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    it has the idle stabilizer and detonation module my manual states that with the detonation module you set the cranking timing (using starter) at 20 degrees btdc with ecm and idle stabilizer disconnected. I set the .462 on the flywheel had to adjust the pointer about .25 inches. checked the cranking timing with the ecm and idle stabiizerler disconnected could only get 14 degrees of timing with screw max. out, checked the 11/16 setting on the trigger rod and it is ok. Motor starts and run very rough. I might have mixed too much oil in the gas. Thanks bob

4. Member
    should be able to get 20 easily , make sure deto and idle boxes both are disconnected
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    timing set everything works thank bob