Props are not created equal

I have two Fury3 24P and they act so different it's crazy. Boat is a 2019 Phoenix 20 Pro XP with Merc 4S. Prop #1 came on boat from dealer. No vent holes plugged, the boat leaps on plane (4200 rpms on take off) and screams all the way to 77mph. It does have very little blow out if JP is all the way up (perfect for shallow water). With this prop I can also run the boat at 10mph and see over the bow... Prop #2 No vent holes plugged, blows out terrible even with JP on 15. put in medium hole plugs (3300 rpms on take off) and blow out is better but takes forever to get to 77 mph. Put in large hole plugs and blow out gets worse with JP on 15 or higher but gets to top speed like prop 1 if I lower JP to 8. Prop #2 will not carry the bow until 15mph. Both props have the same top speed when JP is on 12 but I'm amazed at the differences from hole shot to 50mph. I wouldn't really bother me if I didn't fish shallow stump fields. Is this normal for two of the same props to act so different?

2. Member
    I have had the same problem with fury myself so far. Demo 25 pitch prop had crazy fast hole shot and topped out at 69 mph and 5800 rpms. Sent demo back and bought brand new prop. Slow hole shot. And 5500 RPMs at 71.5 mph. Was not happy at all. Pretty much is acting like it’s a pitch to high

If a 250 most likely 2 pitch sizes, 23 to achieve 6200 rpm where it makes the most torgue, all holes pluged
    Thank You Leon Pugh

4. Member
    It has been my experience that some props brand new out of the box are hopelessly out of balance and out of pitch. Apparently this is not an isolated occurrence unique to me. I have consulted both Ronnie Gilbert and Mark Croxton and they both talk about how common this really is. Once you find a prop that you run and like the best I would make note of depth below the pad, rpms, mph, hole shot, etc.(they will get all this info from you) and let either of these two guys tune it to your boat. I have sent a lot of props to Mark over the years all with good success. He does amazing work. I have a new BassCat and I am going to send my prop to Ronnie this time, just cause I never have tried one of his props and everybody says he is really good with BassCats. Either of these two guys would be who I recommend sending your props to. It is money well spent!

^^^^^^^^ Agree completely
    Thank You Leon Pugh

6. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    The most consistent props I have ram are turbos and second are powertech .