Brake caliper replacement 2014 trailer

Hi guys, wanted to confirm that this is the proper caliper for my 2014 tandem axle trailer with parking brake (z518c). The left rear caliper is broken so need to replace.

Wanted to confirm this is the right one.

Dexter: dexteraxle.com/product/2029/52/caliper-replacement-kit-lh-special-parking-brake

Caliper replacement kit -LH (special parking brake)
    3500 thru 7000 lb - zinc (formerly ufp)
    Part #k71-775-01

Also, there is some wear on the brake lines due to rubbing of the parking brake cable. Anyone know the length of brake lines I would need. I guess contacting ranger parts might be the best if they sell a brake line kit. Does anyone know if they sell these kits?

Thanks,

Tom
    Last edited by sk ocho; 06-15-2021 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Company and url

2. Member
    Had to replace the same caliper on my '14 Z520C. Got it from Waymire. Should be a DB35. Got new brake line from Ranger.

John

Great. Thanks for the information.

Wanted to follow up. My shop wants me to order aluminum calipers number K71-776-02 and -01. One of my buddies used the following on his z520c trailer, K71-773-01 and -02 and I think they are zinc coated. Is that ok to use? Also, for the brake hoses between the front and back calipers, is that the 26 inch with female to make connectors? Thanks for any assistance in advance.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sk ocho View Post
    Wanted to follow up. My shop wants me to order aluminum calipers number K71-776-02 and -01. One of my buddies used the following on his z520c trailer, K71-773-01 and -02 and I think they are zinc coated. Is that ok to use? Also, for the brake hoses between the front and back calipers, is that the 26 inch with female to make connectors? Thanks for any assistance in advance.

What would last longer the Zinc or Aluminum caliper?

6. Member
    Ordered caliper's and brake pads from Trailer Parts Superstore saved $250 compared to what Ranger parts wanted here in Canada.