2022 Nitro Z21 XL Full Walk Through

We did a full walk through of the 2022 Z21 XL. What are your thoughts.

2. Member
    Interesting!!

Another brand surrenders to the center rod locker deception
    "The handicapped angler"

There’s some good ideas on that rig, I just don’t care for the fit and finish. There’s a lot of storage.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    Phoenix released a new Elite ll boat at the Classic. It had the traditional front deck layout like you are talking about. 2 separate tackle storage lockers, and 2 full length rod lockers.

Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    Phoenix released a new Elite ll boat at the Classic. It had the traditional front deck layout like you are talking about. 2 separate tackle storage lockers, and 2 full length rod lockers.
    I hadn't seen that one

That is a sharp looking boat

Phoenix is clearly moving up the ranks of manufacturers
    "The handicapped angler"

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    There’s some good ideas on that rig, I just don’t care for the fit and finish. There’s a lot of storage.
    What fit and finish is off to you?

8. Member
    The two middle compartments can be used for rod storage or tackle. I’d use them for tackle myself and the port side locker for rods. Not seeing an issue

Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    The two middle compartments can be used for rod storage or tackle. I’d use them for tackle myself and the port side locker for rods. Not seeing an issue
    I'm talking about the one large center rod locker

Manufacturer’s claim they did this because that’s what everyone wanted

Sure some people do like it but not nearly as many as they claim

The reason they do this is because it’s a lot cheaper then 2 or 3 compartments

And now there is companies selling high priced organizers for these romper room lockers costing us not the manufacturer

And try to make just a half mile run from a launch on St Clair on a weekend afternoon that nice neat, organized pretty looking locker will look like a 4 years olds room a half hour after you put all the toys in the toy box

or try and grab something way up front and why should you have to walk all the way back and sit down just to get something out of it

it really hit me watching Hank Cherry when he lost the trailer on his bait and he didn’t take one step he just kneeled down and opened the small storage box on the front of his Cougar’s deck then pulled one out and was back to fishing seconds later

Last but not least why would we want to put large sometimes heavy objects all on the driver’s side in what used to be a perfectly fine rod locker

Now I’m sure we will hear from people saying they like the layout but most people I’ve talk to their response is “You’ll get used to it

Not a ringing endorsement
    Last edited by MichAngler; 06-14-2021 at 09:09 PM.
    "The handicapped angler"

10. Banned

And now there is companies selling high priced organizers for these romper room lockers costing us not the manufacturer

And try to make just a half mile run from a launch on St Clair on a weekend afternoon that nice neat, organized pretty looking locker will look like a 4 years olds room a half hour after you put all the toys in the toy box

or try and grab something way up front and why should you have to walk all the way back and sit down just to get something out of it

it really hit me watching Hank Cherry when he lost the trailer on his bait and he didn’t take one step he just kneeled down and opened the small storage box on the front of his Cougar’s deck then pulled one out and was back to fishing seconds later

Last but not least why would we want to put large sometimes heavy objects all on the driver’s side in what used to be a perfectly fine rod locker

Now I’m sure we will hear from people saying they like the layout but most people I’ve talk to their response is “You’ll get used to it

You have solid valid points.

11. Member
    Thanks for the walk through. Nice boat!
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

12. Member
    i think i woud like the 2021 model with the 2 tackle lockers in the middle better than these long split lids
    1996 Javelin 409T DC /225 Johnson Venom

13. Member
    MichAngler, I understand your points but this boat doesn’t appear to be set up like that. There’s two compartments in the middle, just not traditional. They’re side by side. The front deck also has two day boxes up front (which I love). I’m with you, and I like a more traditional layout myself. I’ve got a Sabre that I don’t leave to walk off the deck to get to any of my tackle or rods

How is it cheaper to make a team deck layout than conventional? You still have same number of latches, locks, hinges etc since you still have two lids. In addition on the Skeeter ZXR it's actually finished inside and not drop in plastic boxes like the rear co.partments. I would think it would cost more to add the team deck on some models.

Have you seen or used a ZXR team deck in person? Have you used any brand with one?

15. Member
    I think the boat is nice. I just wasn’t really happy with the finishing. It’s like the skipped on a few things.I could understand if the boat was way cheaper. But it’s not.

Quote Originally Posted by g352nv View Post

<Insert cricket noise here>
    Jimmy Young

2021 Nitro Z19
    Mercury 200 ProXS
    Atlas 10" Hydraulic Jackplate
    Humminbird HELIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    Humminbird
    HELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G3N
    Humminbird HELIX 12
    CHIRP MEGA DI+ GPS G4N at bow
    Humminbird HELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA DI GPS G3N CHO at bow
    Humminbird MEGA 360
    Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link
    Dual Power Pole Blades

17. Member
    Did you say the price of the Ranger was the same and already came with Power Poles? Is this accurate? Because the price advertised at the classic for the Ranger was not as the boat was sitting. The sticker said like $76. That's base. As the boat was sitting, was mid $90s per the rep.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by g352nv View Post
    guessing mainly the sticker that says nitro on the side lol.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package