195 Falcon w/200 MERC

Been looking at falcon 195 /200 merc ,would like to know the pros and con on this boat

2. Banned
    I don't own one, but I've taken two on test drives. My opinion. It drives great, handles rough water pretty good and you'll see mid to upper 60's with that 200 on the back. Downside, it's rather narrow at the bow, the ones I tested didn't have cup holders. Like none. Boat also isn't as stable to walk around on as a wider boat.

It's a good boat, but I think it needs a 225.

3. Member
    That’s crazy. All of the overhead pics I’ve seen of the F195 make it look like it has a large/wide front deck. I also see 3 cup holders on the boat. Maybe you test drove a couple of earlier models

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    That’s crazy. All of the overhead pics I’ve seen of the F195 make it look like it has a large/wide front deck. I also see 3 cup holders on the boat. Maybe you test drove a couple of earlier models
    I'm going to guess they were early production boats. One F205 I test drove did not have cup holders either. I just thought it was strange. The F205 was a 2017 dual console. I remember asking the owner where he puts his drinks. He's like "in the cooler! lol"

The F195 is a 93" beam just in front of the console, and narrows down a good bit as you get towards the bow. Pics might be deceiving. I run a Triton 18XS with a 96" beam and felt my boat has a bit more room at the bow. It's not a deal breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    I'm going to guess they were early production boats. One F205 I test drove did not have cup holders either. I just thought it was strange. The F205 was a 2017 dual console. I remember asking the owner where he puts his drinks. He's like "in the cooler! lol"

The F195 is a 93" beam just in front of the console, and narrows down a good bit as you get towards the bow. Pics might be deceiving. I run a Triton 18XS with a 96" beam and felt my boat has a bit more room at the bow. It's not a deal breaker.

Riccochet,

You are wrong basically about everything, the front deck on my 2019 195 is plenty wide. I have fished 2 people on the deck casting in tournys with rods on both sides of deck, and there are 3 cup holders, 2 in the pic and 1 more by drivers seat.
    falcon_center.jpg

falcon_center1.jpg
    Last edited by tritonboy2001; 09-13-2021 at 09:46 PM.

Jason Davis, MSgt, USAF, Retired

IF YOUR NOT GETTING HUNG UP, YOUR NOT FISHING WHERE THE FISH ARE!!"

2019 Falcon 195
    2019 Yamaha SHO 200 w 23P Fury
    Helix 9 DI (Bow)
    Helix 9 SI with Mega (Console)
    MK Ultrex 80lb
    NMEA 2k

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tritonboy2001 View Post
    Riccochet,

You are wrong basically about everything, the front deck on my 2019 195 is plenty wide. I have fished 2 people on the deck casting in tournys with rods on both sides of deck, and there are 3 cup holders, 2 in the pic and 1 more by drivers seat.
    falcon_center.jpg

falcon_center1.jpg
    How am I wrong? The boats I was on had zero cup holders. The guy who let me run his 195 had to hold my powerade bottle because there was no where to put it other than the cooler. And the bow definitely felt narrower than my Triton with a 96" beam. Not that there isn't enough room up there, just narrower. Now, the 205, that's one wide ass deck up front.

Falcon has also been through 4 different center console designs in the past couple years as well.

I'd say the F20 Predator is their most consistently designed boat.

7. Member
    The bow isn't the widest but it's of no hindrance. My boat 195 is a 2018 and had 3 cup holders. The design of their models has been stable since around 2018 or 2019 so I wouldn't worry about any of the gripes Riccochet experienced.

Riccochet I see you here in the falcon forum often. Are you looking to get one soon?

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by th365thli View Post
    The bow isn't the widest but it's of no hindrance. My boat 195 is a 2018 and had 3 cup holders. The design of their models has been stable since around 2018 or 2019 so I wouldn't worry about any of the gripes Riccochet experienced.

Riccochet I see you here in the falcon forum often. Are you looking to get one soon?
    A falcon has been at the top of my list for a while now. Which is why I've been on test rides, fished out of a few, been in talks with dealers.

Every time I'm ready to pull the trigger life swings a spiked bat at me.

9. Member
    A falcon has been at the top of my list for a while now. Which is why I've been on test rides, fished out of a few, been in talks with dealers.

Every time I'm ready to pull the trigger life swings a spiked bat at me.

damn negans!!!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    damn negans!!!!
    It's getting ridiculous. Every time I'm like "oh, I have like $10k I can put down, plus my trade, lets order!" someone in my or wifes family takes and turn for the worse and dies. A 2-3 day trip up north turns in to a 10-14 day ordeal. I'm tryin to fish over here!

We're all gettin old, so, hey, life. Right!

11. Member
    It's getting ridiculous. Every time I'm like "oh, I have like $10k I can put down, plus my trade, lets order!" someone in my or wifes family takes and turn for the worse and dies. A 2-3 day trip up north turns in to a 10-14 day ordeal. I'm tryin to fish over here!

We're all gettin old, so, hey, life. Right!
    I hope you're able to get that boat soon brother. It can be a struggle for sure.

12. Member
    51FC639B-7955-48EF-AAB6-F8CFD9648D4D.jpeg I love my 195. A lot of pros and cons are subjective and I have found very few things I do not like. The major thing is that on the sea deck in the cockpit area the Falcon logo has faded to almost disappear. Far as speed this is a low 70s boat If equipped with a hydraulic jack plate and 200. As you can see in the photo I still have a few hundred RPMs left to squeeze out one or two more miles an hour but, 70 is fast enough for me. This was the first time I have hit 70 and it was me alone with all of my gear and a full tank of gas.
    Last edited by alann; 11-15-2021 at 10:33 PM.
    HMC USN RET
    2022 Falcon F195/Merc 200 and all the goodies I could get on it.

13. Member
    Enjoying my 21 F195. Very good performance, required some jackplate adjustments. Probably need to do a hydro in the future. Achieving low 70's very easily with my gear, full wells and two people in the boat. Best so far has been mid 73's w/ 2 people, gear and full wells. 24p powertech prop with the Yamaha SHO. I bet it'll see 75 or so w/ a hydro. Currently 3" ptp, was 4" from dealer.
    falconf195.jpg

14. Member
    Those are fantastic numbers. My best has been 70.2 mph. Running a Merc with a 23 inch three blade with my hydraulic jack plate set up at 18. That is with just me all my gear and a full tank of gas. However, I very seldom run faster than 45 to 50 anyway.
    HMC USN RET
    2022 Falcon F195/Merc 200 and all the goodies I could get on it.

15. Member
    What setback on your plate? I'm looking to replace my manual one (which is 4" right now). Rarely run over 65 as it's super stable in the mid/high 60's, but starts to want to walk in the 70's.

16. Member
    Can one of you fellas tell me how long a rod you can put in the lockers? I’m thinking of ordering one next week. I also would appreciate a bow width measurement across the seat post….and length of front deck from back to end of carpet up front.

17. Member
    I can fit a 7'6" into the casting locker. The tubes are removable and you can fit way more rods and 8' rods no problem.