Bilge floor question

I was cleaning my bilge area and noticed a crack in the floor and also some damage to the floor area where my battery trays mount. I can feel foam in the holes in the bilge. Should I have this area looked at and/or repaired?

2. Member
    I will be following this for sure. I just noticed some cracking where my battery trays are as well. Seems the black coating is cracking away from the foam on my 2020 FXR. What kind of boat are you running?

3. Member
    2008 20i

4. Member
    Should deffinetly seal it up. The foam is closed cell but over time will become water logged if exposed to moisture. If the foam is already holding moisture then you could wrap the boat with a de-humidifier running in it for a couple days before re-sealing.

5. Member
    I don’t understand why I am not getting responses to my questions on this forum. Should this be posted in another feed like boat repair or remodel?

Quote Originally Posted by 84rickygreen View Post
    I don’t understand why I am not getting responses to my questions on this forum. Should this be posted in another feed like boat repair or remodel?
    Everyone is out fishing.
    Keep in mind, this is just a forum, not a help desk . Although, it can be more useful than most help desks most of the time.
    All joking aside, you can post it elsewhere as well. Even in the GENERAL forum. It's all a matter of timing (when guys come online and time of year) and the type of question. Sometimes it just takes a few days to get a response. Maybe yours isn't a common problem.
    It couldn't hurt to have it looked at if you are concerned about it. That's what I would do. (hard to tell without pictures)
    When you get it sorted out, maybe you'll be able to help the next guy with the same problem.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewM-Fishing View Post
    Should deffinetly seal it up. The foam is closed cell but over time will become water logged if exposed to moisture. If the foam is already holding moisture then you could wrap the boat with a de-humidifier running in it for a couple days before re-sealing.
    Thank you Andrew M.

8. Member
    Thank you BjBnet. I am trying to upload a pic but can’t seem to be able to size it small enough.

9. Member

Skeeter floor damage

Here is a picture of the floor damage. B6FBFC15-37E3-46D0-ACBD-6F9BA1FC2CC6.jpeg

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 84rickygreen View Post
    Here is a picture of the floor damage. B6FBFC15-37E3-46D0-ACBD-6F9BA1FC2CC6.jpeg
    It looks like there is some space between the foam and the surface?
    For me, I would add more foam to even it to the surface. I would sand down the area, fiberglass in some chopped matting for strength and re-coat with gel coat.

Before all of that I would dehumidify the bilge.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha 250 SHO