2013 VMax 250 SHO - Cuts out on plane

Apologies if there is already thread that talks about this.

Running a 2013 250 SHO on a 2014 Alpha 211R. Last weekend the fuel tank was completely removed to access the motor mounts on the transom, as they were loose. It ran completely fine up til this point.

Idles and starts fine, pin it and it comes out the whole like a rocket. Get up on plane and up to speed, everything fine. Then after 3-4 minutes of being at speed the motor shuts off. Check the ball it's flat.
    Refire the engine, and idle for 3-4 minutes fine, whole shot fine again, 3-4 minutes on plane, boom shuts down again. Again ball completely flat and can not even pump gas in.

It acts like it can't pull enough fuel in when on plane and running. I'm thinking quick fix is new filters and ball and retest.

Thoughts?
    2014 Legend Alpha 211r // Yamaha SHO 250

Check that the fuel line is not pinched somewhere. All connections ae tight and its not sucking air through one of the fittings.
    Put a piece of clear hose temporarily between the hose and the motor connection and run the motor. you will see air bubbles if it has leaking connections
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger519VS View Post
    Check that the fuel line is not pinched somewhere. All connections ae tight and its not sucking air through one of the fittings.
    Put a piece of clear hose temporarily between the hose and the motor connection and run the motor. you will see air bubbles if it has leaking connections
    Will try tomorrow night. Appreciate the tip.

4. Member
    Primer Ball needs to be replaced. I am no mechanic, but had the same identical thing happen to me. My ball never allowed me to pump pressure back up.

5. Member
    Same Problem-Primer Ball and fuel line was my issue.

6. Member
    Thanks all. Ordered a OEM bulb, new fuel lines and clamps. Will update with status after I replace.

7. Member
    Installed new fuel lines and a factory Yamaha bulb, new hose clamps, resealed the fuel gauge sending unit. Pretty much everything I could think of to "seal" the system. Now I can not get the ball to pump up.
    Do I need to charge the system? By charge I mean hook my syphon pump up to the outlet of the bulb and fill the lines again?

8. Member
    I believe I have found the offender. It goes by the name "Anti Syphon Valve".

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassSquatch View Post
    I believe I have found the offender. It goes by the name "Anti Syphon Valve".
    Get rid of it. One less thing to fail. And they do.

10. BBC SPONSOR
    I had the same problem and replaced every line, bulb and filer. Dealer even replaced the power head. Turned out to be the high pressure fuel pump..