2000 Rude FICHT Ram injection power head swap?

Hey guys long time lurker and info junkie. A lot of great information in this community and I’d like to get the opinions of the smart/knowledgeable folks here 😉 I have a 2000 model Evinrude Ficht Ram Injection 200hp that blew the motor. The auto oiler quit and smoked the pistons and block. My question is will a 2006 “same motor just 6 yrs newer” power head bolt right up to the base plate on this 2000? I think OMC made them until 2002 then BRP took over? I’ve pounded the keyboard searching for answers but I haven’t found anything that is definitive on if this is possible or not. I’ve called boat mechanics and they almost just hang up when I tell them what I’m working on 😂

Honestly it's not worth the effort or expense unless your getting the powerhead for free. If you are then give it a try to see how it goes but those Ficht motors
    are good for mooring weights but not much else.

3. Member
    Post in the Evinrude’s forum with motor model and serial number. The tag is on the midsection

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Your question was previously answered in your first post and answered again in the E/J forum.

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cape cod basser View Post
    Honestly it's not worth the effort or expense unless your getting the powerhead for free. If you are then give it a try to see how it goes but those Ficht motors

Same can be said for the Optimax. Especially the first one's out of the gate.

6. Member
    mine has outlasted 2 optipops for dad!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Same as always. Someone always takes offense and claims " not mine" .. So what company is still in business...

8. Member
    Same as always. Someone always takes offense and claims " not mine" .. So what company is still in business...
    The ones with higher maintenance intervals and cost?🤔
    Great marketing on their part. They got a lot of people to buy a more expensive engine to own.
    I still don’t get how people can celebrate an American made engine no longer being made. It just makes the costs of every other engine go up. Competition in the market keeps prices down.

9. Member

brp is still around and evinrude also???
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    brp is still around and evinrude also???

Photo: evinrude.com

BAY BULLETIN
    113-YEAR-OLD EVINRUDE OUTBOARD ENGINE BRAND TO SHUT DOWN

May 28, 2020

Today, Bombardier Recreational Products (BRP) announced that it is immediately shutting down production of the venerable Evinrude outboard engines in order to focus on its other marine endeavors.
    The Evinrude engine was invented by Ole Evinrude in 1907, and they have been built in Wisconsin since 1907. BRP acquired the company in 2001.
    BRP wants to focus now on development of other marine endeavors and products such as the company’s boat building operations (Alumacraft, Manitou, Quintrex, Stacer, Telwater, and Savage boats) and new marine innovations such as the Ghost Propulsion System.

11. Member

12. Member
    Cliff notes version for those with challenges in reading comprehension.

Today, Bombardier Recreational Products (BRP) announced that it is immediately shutting down production of the venerable Evinrude outboard engines.
    BRP wants to focus now on development of other marine endeavors and products such as the company’s boat building operations (Alumacraft, Manitou, Quintrex, Stacer, Telwater, and Savage boats) and new marine innovations such as the Ghost Propulsion System.