Weird Issues with my Merc 150HP Outboard

Have a weird issue going on with my Merc 150.

I ran it up the lake for about 30 mins at 5000 rpms and it worked great. After about 30 mins I started to feel a bit of shuttering and then the engine got to the point it didn’t want to go over 4000 rpms. As we kept going it got progressively worst down to about 2800-3000rpms.

We finally got to our destination and we were there about an hour. When we left - back up to 5000 rpms like nothing is wrong until about 10 mins later it started doing the same thing. 4000 rpms then slowly going down to about 2800 rpms.

We could stop for a minute or two and it would go right back up 5000 rpms for a minute or so.

I just put VesselView on it today and looked at the fault codes and here is what it returned:
    51DD57E3-AC43-4406-A943-B0DA152ED8DA.jpg

2. Member
    I would check the connector to the manifold air temperature sensor first.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    +1

If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor