I have question about Lowrances and the differences

I have a HDS 12 Touch Gen3 on the bow and 2 HDS 7 Touch at the console. Now there are Carbon and Live units also.....Can anyone explain what the differences are for me so when/if I upgrade, I make an informed decision.
    The power of positive thoughts

2. Member
    First off, your Gen 2s are NOT compatible in ethernet with Carbon or Live, I strongly suggest removing them if you upgrade. Your Gen 3 is compatible with Carbon/ Live if it is running the latest software (and the Gen 2s if it is running older software like 7.0).

As for the question, this explains the differences between Carbon and Live:
    https://teamcolibri.blogspot.com/201...n-and-hds.html

3. Member
    Bought two Elite TI2's earlier this year and installed one on the bow and another at the console. Kept the two head units from the HDS Gen2 touch 7's and one is now on a RAM mount next to the console. The new units did not come with a high speed transducer thus the older units live to scan another day. The old unit is not compatible for networking with the newer units but the larger 12" displays and better image was more than worth the upgrade. Would it be nice to have upgraded or latest and greatest units every year......of course! I would be divorced if that were the case though and the new setup is more than suffice for another 5 years or so anyway.