2017 Ranger 621 FS No power trim controls, atlas jack plate works fine.

Have had the boat out all week, went for a ride last night to fish the remainder of the day and my power trim stopped working. The atlas jack plate still functions but I have no response from the front or the drivers seat trim controls. Any ideas where to start looking? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Is any of the other trim switches working? (Motor, Blinker Switch, Bow)
    If the others are working, there is a small gauge RED wire that will be grouped with a couple of same gauge wires that are Blue and Green. Three wire set of Red, Blue and Green. Need to trace the red wire and find why it is not getting 12V. Could be a fuse or came disconnected or corroded. Keep in mind you can be getting volts, but not amps if there is a corrosion issue.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

3. Member
    No I have no controls anywhere in the boat.

4. Member
    Had a similar problem on a Ranger, call my OMC guy and he said one of the switches may have shorted out; unhook one at a time starting with the motor, being the easiest to get at. Turns out it was the bow trim switch and I was able to trim and find a new panel at a Ranger dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by bill.s View Post
    Had a similar problem on a Ranger, call my OMC guy and he said one of the switches may have shorted out; unhook one at a time starting with the motor, being the easiest to get at. Turns out it was the bow trim switch and I was able to trim and find a new panel at a Ranger dealer.
    This is spot on.
    There may be a fuse that has blown for some reason. Just have to Hunt and Peck!
    Look for a fuse near the starter solenoid.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest