Active Target Problems - Freezing and Cutting Unit Off

First time out with my Active Target and the screen/ image constantly freezes. Often times the unit will restart. Really slow to process - even when it's not frozen it will take 2-3 seconds to update a stagnant image. Any thoughts on this? Bad box?
    Justin B.

2. Member
    Do you have your wireless network turned on?
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

3. Member
    Make sure update 20.3 has been installed.
    ciao,
    Marc

4. Member
    I will check on the wireless as I do believe it is turned on. Would that be causing the processing issues? I do have the 20.3 update. Thanks.
    Justin B.

5. Member
    So I called Lowrance customer service and they have asked for a video and pictures. I will get those on the lake this weekend. I turned the wireless off but really can't tell if it had any impact without the transducer in the water.
    Justin B.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbankston View Post
    So I called Lowrance customer service and they have asked for a video and pictures. I will get those on the lake this weekend. I turned the wireless off but really can't tell if it had any impact without the transducer in the water.
    And just to verify, you said you installed 20.3, but did you install it not only on the HDS unit, but also install the .riw file on the Active Target? Both have to be installed so they are both operating on the same software version. Same also if you have a 3D StructureScan unit on your boat; that is a 3rd 20.3 update your need.
    ciao,
    Marc

7. Member
    So . . . I just went to the Lowrance website and realized that 20.3 came out on June 8th. I downloaded my updates on June 6 so I don't have the most recent versions. I will reinstall the most recent updates (HDS and Active Target) and try again. Thanks for pointing that out Marc.
    Justin B.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FeFanatic View Post
    Do you have your wireless network turned on?
    If wireless is turned on does it cause issues? If so will having bluetooth on cause issues as well?
    Last edited by mikeky; 06-15-2021 at 02:50 PM.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeky View Post
    If wireless is turned on does it cause issues? If so will having bluetooth on cause issues as well?
    It does not cause issues on mine; I have both wireless and bluetooth on with no freezing while using 20.3 software on all my HDS LIVES, 3D StructureScan, and Active Target.
    ciao,
    Marc

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeky View Post
    The 20.3 update fixed the issue with the wireless being turned on.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbankston View Post
    So . . . I just went to the Lowrance website and realized that 20.3 came out on June 8th. I downloaded my updates on June 6 so I don't have the most recent versions. I will reinstall the most recent updates (HDS and Active Target) and try again. Thanks for pointing that out Marc.
    I had the same issues and 20.3 solved them for me. Like said before make sure everything in the boat get's updated to the current version.
    Allison XB21
    Mercruy 300r

12. Member
    Installed 20.3 and no change. Freezing, stagnant images. Sent video to Lowrance customer service.
    Justin B.

13. Member
    Did you update everything?
    Allison XB21
    Mercruy 300r

14. Member
    Yes, updated units and Active Target.
    Justin B.

15. Member
    Sounds like power issues. Especially if the unit is restarting
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

16. Member
    I am having the exact same issue. Lowrance is sending a new power cable as step one although I’m certain this is not the issue.