Motor bogs down trying to get on plane, good rpms when in neutral.

Serial Number: OD254136

1993 XR6

1994 skeeter with a 1993 xr6 150 merc. When trying to get on plane the boat gets to 3k rpm and then just holds there, not labored at all, just holds, then starts sputtering trying to gain rpm. Sometimes it gains full rpm like it "snaps out of it" gets on plane and then while running you can feel it start sputtering back like it's going to lose its power again. Doesn't just shut off at all, neutral throttle the motor will reach 5/6k easily.

I'm assuming I need to do the full fuel line to carb change? Can anyone help with what I need to get and if I need to rebuild anything....is there any good videos or info I can use to get it done?

Thank you

2. Member
    "snaps out of it" likely not gone be fuel related , good idea to do fuel system too though start at filter before carb and go back to tank , never rev that mtr out of gear like that risk of gearcase damage , check for spark on all 6
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................