Cleaning Electronics

Just purchased a graph glass for my helix 9. I’ve had the unit for a couple years now and have noticed that maybe at one point or another I may have cleaned the screen off with the wrong material leaving very light scratches that you don’t notice when then the screen is on. Normally I would use a micofiber towel to clean them off. Is there anything I can do to the screen before applying the graph glass to clear up some of minor “fuzzy when off” screen imperfection?

FYI, I had originally put on some other screen protectors from Tuff Protect on both of my units but both screen protectors did something real weird. It looked like they dried up and flaked off in pieces. The one unit it totally came off and the other unit has flaked off in pieces but not totally yet, making the screen look like crap.

2. Member
    Biggest thing is to make sure that the towels are clean. If you use the same one a bunch it is holding all the sand/dirt that you cleaned off of the unit after X times and becomes like sandpaper
    Fish have fins, they swim

3. Banned
    Isopropyl alcohol and a clean lint free cloth

4. Member
    I have read Humminbird recommends windex with vinagear anything non alcoholic