Torn Rotator Cuff

Not my first time had it happen to my left shoulder many years ago however this time it’s the first time I’ve been alone. My wife passed last May, I own and maintain a lot of property plus do the 8 hour per day Monday thru Friday routine, been putting if off trying to get by but it’s getting worse by the day. Sometimes when it rains it pours……

2. Member
    Do you have any family members who could come stay with you a couple days? You will be able to get by on your own after a couple days, but it would be nice to have someone to drive you home and fix your meals for a coupe days. Good luck to you, you are definitely in a tough situation.

Quote Originally Posted by jigman51 View Post
    Do you have any family members who could come stay with you a couple days? You will be able to get by on your own after a couple days, but it would be nice to have someone to drive you home and fix your meals for a coupe days. Good luck to you, you are definitely in a tough situation.

this^^^ Been there, extensive damage and a long recovery. I know it would have been much harder if I was alone.

4. Member
    Long recovery for sure. I'm 60 and tore one of my rotator cuff pieces or muscles whatever they are called per my MRI and doctor diagnosis in July 2020. It was the top back on called supraspinatus are something like that. I am still not fully recovered and if I pick up the grandkids to much like putting them in car seats, swings, etc. I also am sore the next day after fishing a club tourney from casting. I was doing 300-350 pushups a day prior to injury and can only do maybe 50 now before pain sits in and I stop. Still doing my 25 miles a week running
    I was told by doctor to work at my recovery and expect it to take a long time. She stated that she would not suggest surgery for my particular injury, but every injury is different of course. I wish you the best in your recovery and very sorry for your loss.
    2005 Triton TR20X-Mercury Pro XS 4.6L V-8 250 HP Serial # 3B378953
    2016 Harris Cruiser 24-2016 Mercury150XL-Serial # 2B232319

5. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Sorry to hear about that Robert. Hope you can get fixed up quickly.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

6. Member
    I’ve had a torn rotator cuff repaired arthroscopically, and also a total shoulder replacement. The shoulder replacement was a piece of cake compared to the recovery from the rotator cuff surgery. Good luck hope all goes well.
    2018 AlumaCraft Competitor 185cs, 2018 Yamaha F150XB w/2019 Yamaha T9.9 kicker w/Trollsmarter
    Heritage Custom Trailer w/Torsion axle / Vault Hubs & 4 step Trick Step
    Terrova 80# 24v I-Pilot, GARMIN 126sv
    Towed by: 2018 Chevy Colorado V6 Crew Cab 4x4 Long bed or 2016 Winnebago 38Q

7. Member
    That stinks. Cant you get some type of home health care to start with? Maybe just the first week, or two, until you're more able to help yourself. Also, maybe you could use door dash for meals? Or, some other type of delivery service. I hope you get through this and I'm sorry to hear you lost your wife, that sucks!

2005 Champion 198 DC Elite
    2005 Mercury Optimax-225hp (Serial#1B073011)

8. Member
    Tore both of mine in a work related accident in Oct of 2012 along with a handful of other injuries. After fighting with the insurance company for 3 years I got the neck fused. 2 years later the right rotator cuff. It tore during pt and had to fight the insurance company another couple of years to get it redone, just done in feb. Torn again according to a recent MRI.

Im about tired of this.

Good luck to the op.

Have the same problem...as my doctor stated, I have a massive torn rotator cuff (right side). Massive meaning more than 1 muscle was affected. I let it go to long....doctor told me he could repair it but that it would snap right back like a rubber band. Take oxycodone but relief only lasts a couple of hours. My advice....get it checked out as quick as possible. You wait to long and the torn muscle(s) will start to deteriorate and it will be non repairable.

He did offer one solution but I am very leery of it. Something about a "reversal" to the affected muscle area.

Hoping for the best for you cause it can be a real pain in the shoulder....
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

10. Member
    Good luck sorry to hear bout your situation gonna pray for you hope it all works out.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drifter106 View Post
    Have the same problem...as my doctor stated, I have a massive torn rotator cuff (right side). Massive meaning more than 1 muscle was affected. I let it go to long....doctor told me he could repair it but that it would snap right back like a rubber band. Take oxycodone but relief only lasts a couple of hours. My advice....get it checked out as quick as possible. You wait to long and the torn muscle(s) will start to deteriorate and it will be non repairable.

He did offer one solution but I am very leery of it. Something about a "reversal" to the affected muscle area.

Hoping for the best for you cause it can be a real pain in the shoulder....
    You might want to check out an SCR, superior capsular reconstruction.
    2022 Ranger Z520R, 2022 Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    Dual 16” Lowrance Live’s at console, 12” Live with Active Target, Garmin 8612 and Livescope, and Humminbird 12” Mega 360 at the bow
    Lowrance Ghost TM