Exclamation Need urgent help with Evinrude serial number!

I am trying to get my boat registered, and there’s no ID tag on the transom bracket. I cannot register it without the outboard serial number. I’ve found a few different numbers on the engine, but I’m not sure which is actually the serial number. Can anyone help me out here? My outboard is a 1989 xp 150 pro series according to the seller. There’s a nickel-sized plug on the engine with a logo and the following: RPH0432163. On the port aft side of the head, just under the air cleaner is a rectangular metal tag with: 584423-1TS. Also, there are some raised numbers on the block itself (possibly from the cast): 352544. Which is which?

2A86869F-F989-4311-9709-95AA697EA474.jpeg7724B44F-A3B6-4DD1-8D87-0DFCB7B2E6B4.jpegD85A1859-35FF-483A-8AC5-4049C3836E03.jpeg

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    The silver disc is your serial number RPH stands for replacement power head then number below it are the serial number.

Thank you so much!

Well, the Georgia registration office informed me that the above mentioned number was not a valid serial number which held up my registration of the boat. I then got in contact with BRP who requested a number of wide-angle and closeup photos of the motor with and without the cowling on. A couple days later they replied with the following email:

"Thank you for the inquiry. The powerhead has been replaced on the engine and the original serial number is no longer on the engine. However, I can adfise the engine is a V-6 Cross, Late 1980's to early 90's - 1989-1991."

I reached out to the Georgia registration office again and explained the situation, along with reading them my email from BRP. They are now forwarding my case to their "Headquarters" to have one of their supervisors issue me an exception for not having a serial number on the motor. Hopefully this will resolve my issue and allow me to FINALLY get my boat registered! I suppose there's more than one way to skin a cat!

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    If it has a T pack mounted on the right side of the block it is indeed between 1989-1991.