Thread: Ghost TM?

Ghost TM?

Hello all,

Just installed Ghost TM and I seem to be having an issue the it deploying and stowing easily, I basically have to push down slightly to get it to deploy into place and push on it while pulling cable to get it to stow position.

It appears perfectly level so it don't think it is binding at all as it locks into place smoothly when pressure applied, it actually seems to be the gas shock. It started to become slightly easier throughout the day first time using just thought it was weird.

Anyone else have this issue?

2. Banned
    The only way to know for sure that the mount is not in a bind is to loosing up the mounting bolts some and try it. If that clears up the issues then shim the mount with additional rubber washers to eliminate the binding. If that doesn't work then it's probably the gas shock.

My new Ghost out of the box had a weak gas shock and the motor would slam pretty hard when deployed if I didn't hold back on the rope. Called Lowrance CS and they sent me out a new shock and had it in 2 days.

Just for reference, mine takes very little effort to deploy or stow. When I deploy it, I can let go of the rope once the motor brakes over center and it slowly and softly drops and latches into place on it's own kinda like a soft close cabinet drawer.But sometime when I stow it, I have to give it a slight push down to latch.... Hope this helps.

3. Member
    Thank you Mike, yeah I'm almost certain it is the gas shock but I'll give it a test. I would think if it was binding it would have a had time locking into place on deployment but it does soo easily just seems like the shock has just al little too much resistance. I guess I would rather have it this way then no resistance as you explained.

Thanks Again.

4. Member
    Some of the gas shocks require a little bit of use to achieve full range of motion. If your mount is not binding, I would give it a few trips to the lake and see if it doesn't improve.
    ciao,
    Marc

5. Member
    Ok thanks for the tips guys.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joeim8 View Post
    Ok thanks for the tips guys.