Bullet Not Running Like Bullet

Ok, Guys This Is What I've Got: 20' XRD W/ 225x Motor, 36 Volt Ultrex, 4 Batteries, 1" Above,Just Me (220lb) gas Tank 3/4, Turning A 25.5 Promax, 68 MPH, 6000 RPM, Trim Middle Mark On Gauge, 12-15 Water,Normal Tackle, Not Very Impressed With Holeshot, Two People No Holeshot, Just Replaced Plugs From Lawranceburg Marine, Not Sure What Is Happening. Thanks

2. Member
    36v trolling and 4 batteries with definitely hurt performance with the 2.5 liter. Is your promax a lab version or the pro? The pro runs and lifts much better imo
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

3. Member
    Only 6000 RPM's with a 25.5 prop? I suspect either a bad prop, maybe too much cupping, or motor is down on power. That should be running low 80's with only one in it.

4. Member
    Did you check compression on the motor ?

I guess prop or motor. I had roughly that same combo and hitting 80 fully loaded was no problem. That was running a 26" Trophy.
    Discipline is the key, if you can't hack it, pack it!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basswipe View Post
    I guess prop or motor. I had roughly that same combo and hitting 80 fully loaded was no problem. That was running a 26" Trophy.
    Same here 83 solo 80 with two 26 trophy , I never had a good hole shot tho , we did blast off tournaments I would never be in the top 5 but reeled everyone in and went right by pretty quick . One thing to think about back then we ran 55lb evinrude trolling motors with group 24 batteries well guys I knew.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

7. Member
    I have never ran a promax prop and heard they are stiff, but in my opinion you should be banging the 6750 rev limiter with that. I have a 20XD/ 225x and run a 28 signature eagle now 1.5" above w/14" plate. Best was a 28 lightning et but kept slinging blades. I run 84-85 solo and 81-82 loaded and have a great hole shot. Did you buy the boat running like this? What did the plugs look like when they replaced them and did they check spark on all? Sounds like it has a dead hole.

8. Member
    Your water pressure is good, real good. You might try bringing your motor up a bit and see if that helps. It’s not unusual to run 1 3/4” above the pad. That should help get you up on rpm’s. I, myself, wouldn’t run my motor with less than 10 psi water pressure. As long as you stay there or above you should be ok IMHO.
    Last edited by Tsyarnall; 06-16-2021 at 10:42 AM.

9. Member
    Did it run better at some point and just start acting this way? Just trying to get a feel for if maybe it's prop vs. a mechanical issue.

I would do a compression test first. If they all test good I would check and make sure all six are getting fire. It sounds like it's one cylinder shy to me. If a cylinder isn't firing I would swap coils around and see if the miss follows. I wouldn't run it very hard or very long until you figure it out, if it's dragging a cylinder it won't last long.
    Last edited by sowenssw; 06-22-2021 at 09:23 AM.