Noisy Minnkota Maxxum Pro 80

My Minnkota Maxxum 80 Pro is far too noisy when I engage. I expect that it is the bushings located in this photo that need to be replaced since the trolling motor rocks back and forth and is real loose. I have already put in new nyliner busings. Has anyone replaced these for a quieter TM? I have not been able to unloosen the screws with an alum wrench. Was thread locker used to install these? If so, what is the best way to remove?

Thanks for your help
    IMG_0392.jpg

2. Member
    There is a steel bushing under all those allen head bolts and they can all be replaced,they come as a kit from MK. Lok-tite is used on the threads and a little torch heat is needed to loosen them.

[QUOTE=Charger296TF;11928644]My Minnkota Maxxum 80 Pro is far too noisy when I engage. I expect that it is the bushings located in this photo that need to be replaced since the trolling motor rocks back and forth and is real loose. I have already put in new nyliner busings. Has anyone replaced these for a quieter TM?

QUOTE]

Toward the end of this document, I show how to replace the nylatron bushings with bronze.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

4. Member
    Thanks Rip Bass!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger296TF View Post
    Thanks Rip Bass!
    You’re welcome,happy to help.