Thread: Livewell

Banned

Livewell

Need some input guys. Fished yesterday with no livewell issues but I hit the water this morning and one of my livewells wasnt working and the light was blinking for that particular livewell and so was the “Stop” button. Any idea on where I should start to troubleshoot or what it can
    be?

Z521
    Last edited by sportsnutguy; 06-12-2021 at 02:57 PM.

2. Banned
    I see there are two pumps in the compartment. Is one a recirc pump or are there two actual pumps?

3. Member
    hold the two buttons down at the same time for a few seconds, it should reset. Doesn't always mean there is a problem that needs replacement. This will clear the fault, but if there is something that needs to be replaced, it will trip the fault again and start blinking.

4. Banned
    Is the fuse for the livewell pump under my dash or in the back compartment with the pumps? Was going to check fuse first before replacing the cartridge.

5. Member
    I don't think there are fuses on that model Ranger. Hold down the flashing buttons for a few seconds. That should clear it.

6. Banned
    Ok thanks...that cleared them both from blinking. I’m putting the boat in the water this afternoon and I guess if it still doesn’t work, then I can assume it’s the cartridge.

7. Banned
    Unfortunately that didn’t work. I guess I’ll change the pump cartridge tomorrow

8. Member
    before you change, move the cartridge to a different pump and see if the problem moves with the cartridge. Also, inspect it when you remove it, to see if there is anything broken or stuck in the motor. Simple fix, even if you have to purchase a new cartridge.

Occasionally just removing the cartridge and re-inserting can be a solution.